Thread: Can i feed my pacman crickets that have small wings starting to grow? Please help!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    anapolis

Smile Can i feed my pacman crickets that have small wings starting to grow? Please help!

Hello,
    i am the proud owner of benji, an ornate pac. I got him for Christmas, And he is doing just fine, Everything is good, i put 4-5 crickets in his 10 gal. at ten o'clock at night, and if hes eaten them all and is still out in the morning i give him 2 more at 730 am. Most of the crickets I've been giving him were just over 1 cm. long. However, just today i went and boght two dozen crickets and all of them were at least 1.5 cm! and they are fat too! the only thing i am unsure about is, is it its safe to feed him crickets that already have tiny wings, ranging from 2 to 8 Millimeters? Also, some of the crickets are 2 cm long! i know i might sound like im worrying to much, but i just don't know if my guy can handle these, he is 1.96 (2) inches long, from the tip of his nose to the tip of his butt.
    Any help would be much appreciated!
    thank you so much
    J.G

Tongue Flicker

Default Re: Can i feed my pacman crickets that have small wings starting to grow? Please help!

Yes you can. It's usually the jumping hind legs that gets caught up and causes the impaction so try to watch out for that

anapolis

Default Re: Can i feed my pacman crickets that have small wings starting to grow? Please help!

Thank you for replying so quickly, would it help if i cut off the bottom part of the hind legs when i feed them to him?
    thanks
    J.G

p.s i was also wondering if there is a reason that he's not going in his water dish? i keep the substrate pretty moist is that maybe why? aswell, he eats very well, just now he ate a nice sized super worm and a big cricket, but i can seem to see poop, is it underneath the substrate?
    sorry for all the questions, but i just dont want to do anything wrong .

Tongue Flicker

Yeah you could pull it off or cut it out.

What substrate do you have her in?

We have a wonderful pacman guide here please feel free to browse it and ask questions if you see it confusing and we will explain it to you

anapolis

hey,
    i have benji in coco fiber, its quite moist and has a 20x20 cm heater covers about just under half the bottom of the cage,
    Thank you for all your help
    J.G.

anapolis

oh and sorry but could you link the pacman guide, if its no trouble of course,, i cant seem to find it
    Thank you
    J.G

Thread Information