Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to do Fecal Exams

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: How to do Fecal Exams

Thank you, and an observation/miror correction...

Forgive me if this has already beem pointed out, but I wasn't up to reading all the other replies at 7:30 AM (late night, not early morning)...

Thanks for this info. I hadn't done a float in years and did a web search to see what I might have forgotten. This was the first result that popped up. It may explain why my floats were sometimes ineffective. I had no idea that the density of parasite ehgs was so high. I'd just been using room-temperatire water with table salt and assuming I was going way over what I needed. The epsom salt seems like a good idea. My floats were positive often enough that I assumed my method was "right".

However...you SEEM to be saying that the density of epsome salt is 1.29. This didn't seem likely. According to wikipedia it's actually 2.66, which would put your finished solution at right about 1.3... Yes, I know wikipedia is not infallible, but it's much better than it used to be, and they usually get corrected on anything that is factually incorrect, petty quickly. I usually prefer to be corrected on any factual mistakes, and I read you as beimg the same.

The good news is thatthe minor error in the text doesn't keep the procedure from working just as well...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information