Thread: Looking to make a mostly water aquarium setup, questions

jerme1

Default Looking to make a mostly water aquarium setup, questions

Some I've seen that I like

Mostly completely water http://www.frogforum.net/attachments...y-img_0840.jpg

Shallow water http://www.frogforum.net/attachments...bterrarium.jpg

Half & Half http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/...rums/tank2.png

For the first one, what would be the best food for them? I usually get crickets or mealworms. I can't see them lasting in there, crickets jump and would be stuck in the water, worms would probably crawl and fall to the bottom..

For the half & half, how do you get a little division wall like that?

I think I like the second pic the best, there's room for the food to stay alive, though I'd make more water space, I want them to be able to swim.

Main question is, what kind of water filter exactly do I need?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Looking to make a mostly water aquarium setup, questions

Hello and welcome to FF Jerme! If interested in a vivarium, this is an excellent thread: http://www.frogforum.net/vivarium-te...aludarium.html. You can minimize insect drowning by feeding in small glass bowls. FBT's can eat gut loaded crickets, small dubia roaches, and cut-up night crawlers.

For a half and half you can get a piece of glass custom made and glue it to tank using aquarium silicone glue. Another method is to build a false bottom lie in the thread linked above.

For water filtering, can use something as simple as an aquarium foam filter powered by small air pump or for larger volumes of water a powered internal aquarium filter. Myself prefer the smaller Supreme Ovation filters made by Danner. Good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

mendowallace707

Default Re: Looking to make a mostly water aquarium setup, questions

Yeah feeding can be a pain with a half and half. I personally just put in a couple crickets at a time over 15 minutes until they seem satisfied. The division wall is an easy way but if you do spring a leak it would probably be a huge PITA. Having to pull everything out to reseal. I just finished a 55 gallon long for FBT. Here is a link to my flickr with a couple pics Flickr: wadehydro's Photostream . I did the egg crate with mesh fabric. The water is a little deeper than most but I have wood and now plants that the toads rest on. I found a nice canister filter on ebay for 55 bucks (SunSun/Grech) so I keep that under the tank to not waste tank space with an internal filter. I stuck a tee on the outflow of the filter with a valve so I can just open the valve and do water changes super easily. I can upload some more pics if wanted.

Thread Information