Thread: White's tree frog injured legs!

frogmomma

Default White's tree frog injured legs!

Help! My Whites tree frog was attached to his plant when my husband was cleaning the tank so he ended up down the drain with the hot water. His front and back feet were curled and he was struggling to use them last night. I placed a wet paper towel on his favorite log to soften the texture. This morning his front feet seem to be back to normal but his back feet are still curled and its as if he cant use them. I don't see any visible wounds and he is still very green. He usually turns grey when he is stressed. He seems to have eaten last night as I can't find crickets but he is usually wide awake when we get up in the morning and he was already nestled in a nap stage. I am very worried that maybe his back legs/feet were injured from the heat or even the metal of the sink. Any thoughts on what we can do for him? We never got to finish his cage cleaning. I just want him to be ok...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

frogmomma

Default Frogs feet injured

Help! I think our poor whites tree frog burnt his poor feet. His fronts seem to be better today but the backs are shriveled. He doesn't move much and can't climb today. Vet said to apply vasaline but I don't know that it's helping. Is this something they can recover from. I'm afraid he won't be able to climb or jump again. Any ideas or thoughts.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: White's tree frog injured legs!

Hello and welcome to FF ! I'm very sorry your frog is hurt and that we missed your thread . If frog got burned or injured otherwise; a visit to herp veterinary is recommended. You mentioned on another thread (I will merge them soon) a veterinary had recommended to apply vaseline? Does that veterinary has herp experience? Did he/she examined frog? Where x-rays taken to determine any internal injuries and what was result?

Only thing can do right now is recommend move frog to a hospital like enclosure with damp unprinted paper towels as substrate and a sterile trunk or vine with some silk plants to provide cover.

Depending how bad burn is; frog might require some anti-biotic/burn cream to help it healing. Burned tissue is prone to infection, specifically by fungi. Also, if scarring is bad, it could cause physical and mobility issues to frog.

Please give us an update and if you need help locating a herp veterinary, can find one here: Arav; or at Herp Vet Connection. Also, Dr Frye does consults via email and sells prescriptions online: Milan Area Animal Hospital, David M. Frye, DVM, Veterinary services in Milan, MI, Home page. Good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Thread Information