View Poll Results: What Room(s) Do You Have Your Frogs?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • In Different Rooms - Kitchen & Other

2 3.17%
  • In Different Rooms - Living Room & Other

8 12.70%
  • In Different Rooms - Other

3 4.76%
  • In One Room - Dining/Breakfast/Eating Area

1 1.59%
  • In One Room - Living Room/Den

14 22.22%
  • In One Room - Bedroom

27 42.86%
  • In One Room - Kitchen

3 4.76%
  • In One Room - Other

8 12.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What Room Do You Keep Your Frogs? (Poll)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Andry

Default What Room Do You Keep Your Frogs? (Poll)

Just curious where you keep your frogs? All in one room? If so, what room, kitchen, living, bedroom, other?

I have fire belly toads in the kitchen and am thinking of moving my RETF's to my bedroom right next to my bed where I can just fall asleep watching them and wake up to a short viewing before I leave for work.

But then I also thought of converting my home office which is right next to the kitchen to hold all of my frog tanks. Or at least my two largest tanks and keep my fire bellies in the kitchen. I like to watch them because they're always awake (do they ever sleep?). Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Skulldroog

Default Re: What Room Do You Keep Your Frogs? (Poll)

I keep my frogs in my room. I can see them from my bed.

Andry

Quote Originally Posted by Skulldroog View Post
    I keep my frogs in my room. I can see them from my bed.
    Is this mainly because your frogs are nocturnal?

Paul Rust

I keep the display tanks in plain view. Dart frogs all over the living room, Black Eyes in the dining room, Amazonicas in the front entryway, Chorus frogs and Northern Red Legged frogs in the basement entertainment room. Of course there is the entire room of support equipment, computers, shelves of reference books, medical supplies, microscopes, stored water, labware, quarantine tanks, medical treatment tanks, tadpole rearing tanks, grow out tanks, the cricket bins and all the stuff they need, the myriad of tools and spare parts etc, etc, etc. The frogs actually take up the least amount of space. I don't know when it got this out of hand lol.
    As far as moving your Red Eyes into your bedroom, my Black Eyes start calling at around midnight and keep on for a few hours and they are LOUD!!!! You might think twice about that one.

JeffX

Mine are in the dining room, and in the living room. If I had more room they'd be in my bedroom too, but with a salamander and a tarantula I'm running out of room in there as well.

Andry

The frogs actually take up the least amount of space.I don't know when it got this out of hand lol.
    As far as moving your Red Eyes into your bedroom, my Black Eyes start calling at around midnight and keep on for a few hours and they are LOUD!!!! You might think twice about that one.
    That's funny you say you don't know when it got out of hand...lol I feel like that's the way it's becoming with me and real quick too. I just started this hobby in March this year. That's two months into it already with 5 frogs and planning on buying 4 more this summer...EAAACCKK!! It better end soon or my husband will kick me out with all the frogs. :-(

And both of mine have called out and are very loud, but they only croak once or twice right when they wake up and so far I have not heard them the rest of the night. Who knows, I may change my mind. They aren't quite adults yet and I do plan on getting a female, so...LOL

scribbles

My frogs are in the bedroom. I love hearing and spying on them at night.

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

My indoor frogs are currently in the bedroom hibernating. Usually they are in the living room and the dinning room. My kids have their frogs in their bed rooms and I have two species living out side.

It would be interesting to know where everyone keeps their feeder's and if inside...do they have partners???

Paul Rust

Quote Originally Posted by Ebony View Post
    It would be interesting to know where everyone keeps their feeder's and if inside...do they have partners???
    That's funny Ebony. I'm about one more escaped cricket from being single

Tropicok

The White's tree frog is in an Exo-terra tank in the front room where it is part display/room decor.
    The D. auratus, fire-belly toads and tiger-legged tree frog are in a 2nd bedroom which is a more temperature controlled area and where I also winter my redfoot tortoises.
    I keep the mealworms and crickets in this room as well. I live in a small, 2-bdrm. house so this is called the "critter room."
    I have a small pile of compost in corner of yard which yields excellent nightcrawlers for food.
    I use the kitchen counter when I landscape the glass tanks.
    The red wigglers worm are kept outside in a tub (I have them busily making worm tea for fertilizer). Worm tea if very diluted is excellent food for terrarium plants and orchids.

McLaura

I keep all the frogs in the living room, mostly because that's the room I'm most frequently in and I just like to sit and stare at them for extended periods of time. I keep all the miscellaneous frog stuff in the covered part of the bookshelf. I had no idea when I got into frogs that they would require so much other stuff!

Andry

That's great! Thanks for posting a picture! I have thought of where to move my frogs to so that I can watch them. My firebellies are in the best spot in the kitchen. I even watch them while I eat. But my Red Eye Tree Frogs are in my kitchen as well right now and I actually pull a chair up sometimes to sit and watch them. But sometimes it takes over 30 minutes for one to actually move positions. So, by that time, I've fallen asleep in the chair. I'm not getting much visuals from them unfortunately. But they are lovely. I'm wondering if having them in my bedroom would be best. But then if I have friends over I do not want to have to take them to my bedroom to see the sleeping frogs. So, it's a big debate that is going on in my own thoughts. Not sure what to do. In the meantime, I am lacking sleep from staying up trying to watch them and getting up extra early to watch their last moves before they go to sleep.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I keep all my amphibians between two rooms at the moment. I have a "warm" room and a "cold" room set up here in the basement.

I just bought a new house, and currently have some serious construction going on in the new Critter Cave in the basement there. Then, I will have my cool temp amphibians on one side of the room, and my warm temp amphibians on the other with my office sandwiched between the two.
    Watching FrogTV because it is better when someone else has to maintain the enclosure!

Paul Rust

Quote Originally Posted by SludgeMunkey View Post
    I keep all my amphibians between two rooms at the moment. I have a "warm" room and a "cold" room set up here in the basement.

I just bought a new house, and currently have some serious construction going on in the new Critter Cave in the basement there. Then, I will have my cool temp amphibians on one side of the room, and my warm temp amphibians on the other with my office sandwiched between the two.
    Nice. I am in the middle of the same situation. Do you feel like starting a thread on your progress. We appear to have similar needs and I would love to see your ideas. I have no idea how I want to design this space.

Andry

Well, initially I had kept my Red Eye Tree Frogs on my kitchen counter next to my Fire Belly Toads. But I have now moved the tank to my home office with another spare tank that I want to fill with more tree frogs this summer. Here is before and after:

BTW, I plan on changing the picture on the wall to a poster of frogs. Hopefully something I took a picture of, since I am a part-time photographer. lol

Thread Information