Thread: lights in tank

shellybeans

Default lights in tank

Hi everyone.
    I have searched everywhere on how many hours a day or night my whites tree frog needs his light on but had no luck at all.
    The temperature was quite low despite me spritzing the tank often so I took the shop owners and frog owners advise very recently and got a 50 watt UV light placed by the top of my tank.

I have been putting it on for a few hours in the day alongside my heat matt and having it off at night when he is awake. I am doubtful he will need the light much in summer as it will brighten up, he is hybernating a lot atm. I got him from pre loved so I didn't get told too much about lighting but more about diet and water.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me out with some advise, I don't want to cause Jumpy any harm by doing the wrong thing and not realising.

Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: lights in tank

Hi Shelly! Recommend you read this: Frog Forum - White's Tree Frog Care - Litoria caerulea. For 12 hour day period, frog should have a basking spot with 85F temperature. Good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

shellybeans

Quote Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
    Hi Shelly! Recommend you read this: Frog Forum - White's Tree Frog Care - Litoria caerulea. For 12 hour day period, frog should have a basking spot with 85F temperature. Good luck !
    Thank you very much, I have read through some really helpful info in there. My problem is that during the day when the light is on it goes up to almost 100f is this a problem in the long run? The heat doesn't bother him as he will quite happily sit in his water bowl. Would you recommend me only having the heat matt on just at night and leave it off during the day so temp would be nearer to 85f?
    I am getting hold of some timers tomorrow as it will just be easier for me.
    Thanks again.

Ballroom

I have my heat lamp on a Thermostat hold a constant temp in the setups. I use a cheap Hydrofarm stat on all my setups with other lighting on a timer.

Tiffanygrace

Hello! You do not need an infared light, a. Simple UVB light 13w+ and a heat pad! Use this for my tree frogs and work great ; )

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by shellybeans View Post
    Thank you very much, I have read through some really helpful info in there. My problem is that during the day when the light is on it goes up to almost 100f is this a problem in the long run? The heat doesn't bother him as he will quite happily sit in his water bowl. Would you recommend me only having the heat matt on just at night and leave it off during the day so temp would be nearer to 85f?
    I am getting hold of some timers tomorrow as it will just be easier for me.
    Thanks again.
    Hi Shelly! There are CF type UVB lights with 26 and 11 watts available. Also; you can either use a manual (rheostat) or automatic (thermostat) to control your present light and it's heat output .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Thread Information