Thread: QLD frog laws , captured wild frog breeding what now??

elery

Default QLD frog laws , captured wild frog breeding what now??

so well over a year ago we got some eggs from a mud puddle it we released them all once thye morphed months later. Except 2. and our 2 we keeps today i woke up to them in th water with a bubbly nest around them and i can see eggs in it and such. So im wondering what now, They were taken from the wild as tadpols. I dont ahve a license as they were taken on my land. I would like to know what i will do with their babys when they arrive. As the parents are captive because tey have been since a tadpol. Can i release them with in 7 days like you can with the tadpols in qld? or because they are now pretty much from captive frogs does this change. I am a little confused about this as i guess i never really thought about them breeding.
    If iget a license i cant keep my 2 grown babys. I know for a fact these ones will not survive in the wild they are pretty lazy and all they know is captivity .But if i get a license i cant keep them. So what am i do to with their babys,To keep with in the laws.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Randy

Default Re: QLD frog laws , captured wild frog breeding what now??

An exemption which allows the taking and keeping of up to 8 frogs is provided by Section 153 of the Nature Conservation Regulation 1994

The exemption applies ONLY to frogs which are declared to be Common Wildlife and is only available to people who do not have any other wildlife permit or licence. The frogs must only be taken in the very backyard that they are to be kept in. Tadpoles and eggs CANNOT be taken. Merely state you got teh frgos from your backyard let the babies go in the wild and do not stress over it

Thread Information