Thread: pacman frog food and sub species questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Andrew exotics

Default pacman frog food and sub species questions

Hello I just got a pac man frog and he's about 2.5 inches do you think he can eat small nightcrawlers or do I have to chop them up?hehasnt ate for me yet but I assume its because he's adjusting to his new home.also he's green,white,& black and he has thesepointy things on his eyelids do you know what type of pacman he iss?

Yup go ahead and offer home a worm with tongs. At that size he can easily eat a whole nightcrawler. Or you can chop the worm in half and offer both halves. We are going to need a pic to identify what type of frog you have.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: pacman frog food and sub species questions

What Dan said Andrew! Placing worm in front of mouth might work if frog is afraid of tongs. Here is a good article with lots of information on their care: Frog Forum - Pacman and Horned Frogs - Ceratophrys - Care and Breeding. Good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Andrew exotics

Thanks guys ill post a pic tommorow but do you thing i should have moss in his cage?Hes in a 5 gallon right now once he starts to eat for me i was gonna put him in a 10 gallon?How many small night crawlers a week do you think i should feed him?I have some calcium dust so should i dust the worms?

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew exotics View Post
    Thanks guys ill post a pic tommorow but do you thing i should have moss in his cage?Hes in a 5 gallon right now once he starts to eat for me i was gonna put him in a 10 gallon?How many small night crawlers a week do you think i should feed him?I have some calcium dust so should i dust the worms?
    He will be fine in the 5 gallon for a while. Just offer as much as he will eat in 15 minutes. They will not over eat.

No moss in the tank. Can cause a serious impacting.

Andrew exotics

Well I take him out to feed him in a deli cup.Is that okay he ate for me last night but not tonight.Should he be eating every day?

At that size yes. He should start slowing down his eating at around three inches. You still need to remove the moss even of you feed in a seperate enclosure. When these frogs shed (which is quite often) they slide the skin towards their mouth and eats the shedded skin. If there is moss on the frogs skin he will eat it a long with the skin.

Andrew exotics

He doesn't seem intrested in night crawlers,crickets,or waxworms.Hes not even eating he only ate for me once 2 days ago but not last night.is this normal?what should i do?

Andrew exotics

Hey guys at this point hes only eating one small night crawler every two days.Its really hard to get him feeding i have to rub the worm in his face for about 15-20 mins.he doesn't ever seem interested in food.

I think your good. Its winter time so dont expect your frog to eat too much. Just as long as he is eating something and he isn't losing weight.

Andrew exotics

So should i not try so hard to feed him?Or should i still kinda force feed him?im just really worried about him dont want anything bad to happen.Also i know this is the pacman frog section but my baby tomato frog doesn't seem that interested in food either?

Nationality
    [United States]

So should i not try so hard to feed him?Or should i still kinda force feed him?im just really worried about him dont want anything bad to happen.Also i know this is the pacman frog section but my baby tomato frog doesn't seem that interested in food either?
    Keep offering food he will eat when he's ready but if more than 8 to 10 days go by you may want to force feed.

As for the tomato frog. What are you offering for food?

Andrew exotics

Im offering him small to medium crickets,waxworms, and mealworms.Hes afraid of the tongs so i put crickets in his tank and there still there every time i check on him.Hes eaten for me before but he doesn't anymore its really weird

Nationality
    [United States]

Im offering him small to medium crickets,waxworms, and mealworms.Hes afraid of the tongs so i put crickets in his tank and there still there every time i check on him.Hes eaten for me before but he doesn't anymore its really weird
    They go through phases like this. Be patient and keep offering food.

Thread Information