Thread: Possible impaction?

Default Possible impaction?

My albino pacman frog has a green lump on his right side. Im not sure if you all will have seen but just the other day I made a post about mbd and my frog. I have all my info there. I cannot get a picture tonight. I gave him a soak for 10 minutes in treated water with 2/3 drops of all natural honey in it. Is there anything else I can do? How long should I wait to soak again? and also how long should I expect before he passes whatever this is?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

DesertHeat

In your previous thread you mentioned there were rocks in his previous enclosure. Is it possible he ingested one while feeding?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Default Re: Possible impaction?

http://www.frogforum.net/pacman-frog...acman-mbd.html This is the post I am talking about, I don't think I ever mentioned rocks (He has never had any). Though I am quite certain it is at least a slight case of impaction. It looks a lot like this --> http://www.frogforum.net/pacman-frog...r-stomach.html *Edit* I saw what you were saying, No that is not possible- They were very large rocks ment for making the tank slightly more "natural".

DesertHeat

The general consensus for soaks seems to be 20 mins in an 80 degree F bath with 3 or 4 drops of honey followed by an 80 degree bash without honey for 20 mins. Repeat daily until he poops.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Okay, So one set of baths a day? (by that I mean one honey soak and one non honey soak per day)

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Yes; water should be 80F dechlorinated and to frog's chins depth only, in both instances. Use a small critter keeper or plastic bowl with holed up top. Couple drops of honey will work for baby frog, for larger frogs use around one drop per in. of frog's body length, as you will be using a larger volume of water.

Once you get frog in the bath, cover it with a towel; it helps frog relax and keep water temperature consistent. Repeat daily until it works and feed night crawlers (not dyed) if possible during this time. Good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Nationality
    [United States]

Everyone has you covered. If the honey baths do no do the trick in a few days you may have to give the frog some mineral oil orally. The mineral oil is a last resort. Now do not feed the frog until it has a bowel movement otherwise if it is indeed an impaction it will make it worse.

Thank you so much for the help! He looks a little better this morning, thought It could be the angle im looking at him I guess. I will get his cage out in just a minute and check it. If its still there I will do another bath.

*UPDATE* He still has the green lump, though it appears to be smaller than before. When I went to move him this last time he released liquid? It was clear, almost like pee I guess. Is this good? or bad? or maybe it doesn't mean anything...

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by ReptileLover1 View Post
    *UPDATE* He still has the green lump, though it appears to be smaller than before. When I went to move him this last time he released liquid? It was clear, almost like pee I guess. Is this good? or bad? or maybe it doesn't mean anything...
    It was pee. They release their water stores when they feel scared or threatened. Keep soaking him. Ic he will let you, you can massage his right side in small circles while he bathes. This usually helps with bowel movements when they are a little constipated.

Default Possible impaction?

Okay thank you!

Thread Information