Thread: Happy Tuesday from Jodi and Le Bud, the Pacman, in Connecticut!

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Happy Tuesday from Jodi and Le Bud, the Pacman, in Connecticut!

Hey everyone! Happy Tuesday and merry Christmas eve! Santa dropped off my gift early, as my first Pacman frog overstayed his welcome at the neighbors' house this week. I'm pretty new to the game, this is my first Pacman, I've had Fire Bellies years ago when I was a kid. I'm having trouble getting his tank to stay at a stable temperature and humidity level. I have also yet to see him un-burrowed, but am nervous to pick him up because his skin feels so thin compared to the Firebellies I hpacad. I'm afraid to hurt him! Any tips are greatly appreciated!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Happy Tuesday from Jodi and Le Bud, the Pacman, in Connecticut!

Hello and welcome to FF! First thing to do is read this article: Frog Forum - Pacman and Horned Frogs - Ceratophrys - Care and Breeding. In regards to enclosure's humidity and temperature parameters; please describe your set-up size and heat source, so we have an idea of how to deal with issue, thank you !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Happy Tuesday from Jodi and Le Bud, the Pacman, in Connecticut!

At the store, they said that Le Bud is a couple of months old. He's probably between 2-3 inches across. I have a 10 gallon tank with a couple inches of coconut fiber substrate and some sort of moss on top of that. One fake pink-red plant. I have one heat mat that was on the bottom, but after some research yesterday I moved it to the side. I've got a water bowl with just a little bit of water in it (I swear, the water was clean 1 hour pre-picture!) and a lamp on top. Not sure what type or the bulb wattage, but the lamp reads 60 watts max. I got the frog and setup as a gift, from what I understand they bought whatever the pet store told them to. I have also been keeping a blanket around the tank. It was staying right around 70 degrees, dropping a little bit below. It would spike around 75-80 degrees but won't stay that warm. Humidity spikes at 50% when I mist, but within 20 minutes it dips out at or below 10%. I turned on a space heater in the room, which has been keeping him at a steady 80 degrees, and keeping me out of the room!!! Without the room heater or the lamp overnight, the tank was justName:  photo (1).JPG
Views: 261
Size:  127.0 KB below 60 degrees when I woke up this morning. I did read that live plants will help with the humidity, but not sure which kind to get. Or how to keep it clean without killing the plant? Am going to go to Petco tomorrow. I am always a little skeptical on how educated they are, but we don't have any small shops around here anymore.

Thread Information