Thread: Traveling with fire belly toads?

greenbluewolf

Default Traveling with fire belly toads?

I have to take a 3 hour drive somewhere for 1-2 weeks. My dad said I couldn't take them with me, but I might be able to convince him. How would I feed my toads if I am gone so long? None of my friends are going to be here over Winter Break. If I do manage to convince my dad, how would I travel with them? And also could someone please give me some ideas for convincing my dad?
    Thank You!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

maxQ

Default Re: Traveling with fire belly toads?

First, FBT's travel very well, I took 4 to my sisters over Thanksgiving for her as a surprise which is a 5 1/2 drive and they did just fine. I kept them in a small Critter Keeper lined with damp paper towels, also I know this sounds cruel but I left my my toads alone for 5 days once, I had no choice, I loaded their enclosure up with crickets and left, they were fine and they can go a few days with no food. Now my tank is aquatic so I di not need t worry about changing their water for them.

As far as convincing your dad......that's your job, I don't get involved that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by maxQ View Post
    First, FBT's travel very well, I took 4 to my sisters over Thanksgiving for her as a surprise which is a 5 1/2 drive and they did just fine. I kept them in a small Critter Keeper lined with damp paper towels, also I know this sounds cruel but I left my my toads alone for 5 days once, I had no choice, I loaded their enclosure up with crickets and left, they were fine and they can go a few days with no food. Now my tank is aquatic so I di not need t worry about changing their water for them.

As far as convincing your dad......that's your job, I don't get involved that stuff.

When you got to where you were going where did you keep the frogs? Did you bring the entire tank and set it up again?

maxQ

Quote Originally Posted by danielleelean View Post
    When you got to where you were going where did you keep the frogs? Did you bring the entire tank and set it up again?
    I actually brought everything to create a setup for my sister, it was a gift for her.

Default Traveling with fire belly toads?

Sorry I realized that after I replied. I'm trying to decide what to do as well when I go out of town. It'll be about a week. I have two frogs in an aquatic set up. If I bring them in a critter carrier for the trip will they be ok hanging out in it for a week? With a few rocks and water? No filter? Changed as needed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenbluewolf

Thank you so much!!!

Thread Information