Thread: Vivarium design

PoisonousRic

Default Vivarium design

Hello everyone!

I'm new here and also in amphibians/vivs. I've always had the thing for animals and terrariums/vivariums and since a had a tank available I think it's a good time to start my own. The size is 60x50x25cm but it the doors open at about 10cm from the ground level so I can't make a very deep water part.

So far I'm not planning to introduce any frog because I am always coming and going and wouldn't be able to look after them properly (and my family has enough watering my plants lol) but would like to have a nice/suitable layout in case I want to put some one day :P.

I find it hard to start this project because there are a few things to consider but as I wait for a new water pump to arrive I'm working on the design and looking for woods and other materials (any intersting store either in the UK/Spain/Anywhere in EU?) but because I lack both the creativity and the experience any advice is much appreciated (plants including aquatic, design, things I missed...)! :)

Name:  IMG_20131216_014730.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  62.2 KB
    PS: I include this poor diagram of what I'd like to do. I didn't include it in the drawing but I'd include moss everywhere and some foam to cover spaces between cork and make more space for plants.

PS2: I can update some pics of the tank tomorrow.

Thanks everyone!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Vivarium design

Hello and welcome to FF! You can get some build ideas in this article: Frog Forum - Building Dart Frog Terrariums / Tropical Terrarium Construction and this thread: http://www.frogforum.net/vivarium-te...aludarium.html. Do remember to keep your soil level above the highest water level and to provide some way to access the hydroball layer in case you need to drain excess water. Good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

4. This member thanks Mentat for this post:

Thread Information