Thread: Superworms???

ICEMAN

Default Superworms???

Hey gang!
    I got my beardie a bunch of Superworms. He ate his normal amount, and I have some left over. I have seen mixed opinions on whether or not to feed them to pacmans. I am trying to vary up the diet. I know Superworms have some chitin in them, and I don't plan on making them a staple, just a treat. I don't believe they can chew their way out of the stomach either... Anyway what do we think?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Superworms???

Quote Originally Posted by ICEMAN View Post
    Hey gang!
    I got my beardie a bunch of Superworms. He ate his normal amount, and I have some left over. I have seen mixed opinions on whether or not to feed them to pacmans. I am trying to vary up the diet. I know Superworms have some chitin in them, and I don't plan on making them a staple, just a treat. I don't believe they can chew their way out of the stomach either... Anyway what do we think?
    You can offer them as treats.

ICEMAN

Thanks for the quick response! As far as feeding them goes, can I just make an entire meal out of them? Or should I only give him one or two? He is about 3.25" in diameter, so plenty big to eat them.

Nationality
    [United States]

Thanks for the quick response! As far as feeding them goes, can I just make an entire meal out of them? Or should I only give him one or two? He is about 3.25" in diameter, so plenty big to eat them.
    I wouldn't give him more than 2 every two or three days.

ICEMAN

Alrighty I gave him a couple. Now he is looking at me like, "That's it???" lol

Nationality
    [United States]

Alrighty I gave him a couple. Now he is looking at me like, "That's it???" lol
    Well you can feed him other stuff in the same feeding just not more of the Zophobas.

Hey gang!
    Well I think chewing out of the stomach might be a myth. But I have seen a worm crawl into my old frogs throat sac. Here is a pic.

Tongue Flicker

Pacmans are like leopard geckos. Due to excessive inbreeding, hybriding, selective breeding processes, their immunities to certain stuff that they can normally tolerate i the wild is greatly diminished. Think of it as a well-cared for and overprotected child vs. a kid who grew up in the slums. Their tummy tolerance are very different. Then again naturally speaking, an animal's stomach has a very elastic wall lining to protect itself from its own gastric juices along with rough parts that most prey items possess. Myth or not, giving any animal a treat once a day or every other day is not a treat. It's called spoiling and additional varied diet. A treat should be given once a week or twice a month

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Tongue Flicker View Post
    Pacmans are like leopard geckos. Due to excessive inbreeding, hybriding, selective breeding processes, their immunities to certain stuff that they can normally tolerate i the wild is greatly diminished. Think of it as a well-cared for and overprotected child vs. a kid who grew up in the slums. Their tummy tolerance are very different. Then again naturally speaking, an animal's stomach has a very elastic wall lining to protect itself from its own gastric juices along with rough parts that most prey items possess. Myth or not, giving any animal a treat once a day or every other day is not a treat. It's called spoiling and additional varied diet. A treat should be given once a week or twice a month
    True. Or once per month.

Thread Information