Thread: Sick Whites tree frog

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Sick Whites tree frog

My whites has been sick for maybe two, or three weeks now he has been throwing up a lot he wouldnt eat so i gave him some honey baths and he slowly got his strength back ate some crickets.He did poop a bit but it was just splat and he keeps throwing up sometimes nothing sometimes a few cricket parts and he hasnt pooped again.He is getting pretty skinny he looks a little bloated.I dont think its impaction cause the only thing in his cage is cocofiber,you know thats swallowable there are branches and stuff... temp is 81 in his cage in day 74 at night humidity is 65-75% water is treated with terrafauna for frogs and reptiles, and i dust his crickets. i did buy some worms from wallmart from the bait section a while ago it didnt seem to agree with his stomach i fed him a part of it but i didnt feed him any more cause after he seemed to have a loose poo. i never fed him an earth worm before so i am not sure.and the only reason i did that cause i was waiting on crickets and they were late.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Sick Whites tree frog

Your frog needs to be seen by a herp veterinary as soon as possible . You can use these links to find one: Herp Vet Connection and Arav. If none is available locally, can contact Dr. Frye for an email consult; he won't charge for that but you have to pay for meds.

In the meantime; move your frog to a hospital like enclosure covered on all sides, use damp (dechlorinated water) unprinted paper towels for substrate; add a water dish and a silk plant to help reduce stress.

Get a bottle of Pedialyte or similar baby electrolyte and make a solution using 90% 80F dechlorinated water and 10% Pedialyte. Give bath (to frogs chin depth) for 20 minutes daily until you get frog to veterinary. A small critter keeper or plastic bowl with holed up top will work fine. Good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Nationality
    [United States]

My frog is in great spirits even though he is sick, he threw up three times today sadly but he is really chipper giving him a honey bath going to get the pedialyte.the vet thats near is in knoxville and its an hour away and i think its too far of a drive for him being sick and in cold weather plus traffic. i will email Dr.frye and see what i can do i have had my frog glenn for 6 years going on 7 and hate to lose him now. thanks for the help.and also i havent force fed him anything because i dont believe in it he'd probably just throw it up make him more uncomfy, i let him hunt the crix on his on at his own pace.

Nationality
    [United States]

So, I emailed dr frye he said it would be best to send in some fecals, but the problem is he stopped eating altogether now and since he hasnt eaten he hasnt pooped. but the meds he recommends are baytril and metronidizol. the only problem is i am running low on funds i have more money on the way i just hope he can last longer he has been sick roughly 2-3 weeks and his is skinny he cant climb well but he tries he moves around in the critter keeper when i give him honey and pedialite baths. and iam thinking, should i try a vet instead to really check him out instead of going in blind without having a fecal done and stuff.btw his hospital tank is a 20gallon the small critter keeper is just for baths.i dont think he has thrown up in the past 2 days he doesnt want to eat =/ he is really movey in his honey bath this morning

Thread Information