Thread: Creating a tropical rainforest

poaponies

Default Creating a tropical rainforest

I wondering about how I can creat a tropical rainforest on a buget for a 20 gallon cage the cage is a vertical cage
    thank for taking time to read my ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Lunar Gecko

Default Re: Creating a tropical rainforest

Whats you budget? You can just plant it using plants from home depot, if you shop in the damaged plant area you can get them for up to 75% off and just take good care of them till they get heather. Use natural charcoal as the drainage layer and window screen as a divider. Find sticks and bake them to clean them and then set it up. It should be fairly cheap with no back ground or water feature.

Default Re: Creating a tropical rainforest

Quote Originally Posted by poaponies View Post
    I wondering about how I can creat a tropical rainforest on a buget for a 20 gallon cage the cage is a vertical cage
    thank for taking time to read my ?
    Get a 20long tank. Put it so its taller. You know? Like set it on the sides. So the length is actually the height. Then cover the sides on the insides with a coco fiber "background" drill holes into the said backgrounds. Get plants like phelodendruns and wrap em around. So the leaves are out the hole and the vines inside. Make sure the roots are in the ground bottom. For the bottom. Get some glass that is cut as wide as the tank is and around 5-inches tall. Then glue it to the bottom of the oppening of the tank. You know where the lids go. Then you can make a little waterfall in there or just put soil in there. Make sure the plants get fertilizer. now on the top of the tank which is the side but the top. Try to drill an openning in it. Cover it with mesh. So light can get in. Put a lamp on top of it like a basking. Then on the opening of the tank make a frame so you can open it. Then cover the frame with mesh. So theres ventilation. Now that you have a nice plant, fertilized and with good lighting and a bottom. You can add a treefrog. Mist daily or every other day. Just remember to leave a dish of water in there for the frogs to soak. Try going for the small green tree frogs.

If you made sense of this set up, then go for it. Iam bad at explaining things. But thats my advice. You should also add in some of the "vines" for it to look natural. make some perches. and you're done.

Thread Information