Thread: Tong and Hand feeding our biggest Cuban Tree Frog

MaraBird

Default Tong and Hand feeding our biggest Cuban Tree Frog

This is our big girl, Gorda. She is one of four 'Cubies' we have. We find her brave behavior atypical but we aren't sure if it's due to her size or if it truly varies from frog to frog.
    I was surprised to find out that she would accept dusted crickets from hands when the day before, in the processes of trying to pick her up she took a bite at my finger. I knew the behavior wasnt aggression but feeding so I gave this a try. The videos are actually the 2nd time she was hand fed.

Tong feeding a Cuban Tree Frog - YouTube

Tong and HAND feeding a Cuban Tree Frog - YouTube

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Tong and Hand feeding our biggest Cuban Tree Frog

Cool ! Would never try that with a Pacman or ABF !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

MaraBird

Teeth larger than hers. Her teeth feel like high grit sand paper, but when she misses the cricket on occasion it still freaks me out. Talking about a weird feeling. Lol

I also made some interesting observations since we have for Cubans. I noticed that while they can change color and pattern, when they are displaying a pattern it's first-time between individuals. When they are trying to camouflage white they usually do not display any patter unless the background has a high contrast pattern. Gorda's pattern is kind of mottled but the spots join to form 'lumpy' lines on her body. Maní NEVER had stripping of any type except the horizontal batting that most cubans have on their back legs. Maní's pattern of choice is small, leopard-esque rossettes that very spaced out. Flaco has a very typical camo kinda of pattern with mixed shapes and sizes with fairly uniform spacing. And our newest frog, Nuevo has a pattern where his 'spots' form almost uniform stripes laterally along his body from ears to bottom.
    All of my frogs show the leg barring quick becomes more pronounced the darker they get and my female, Gorda had internally green patches where her folded legs touch her sides, which you only see when she is one the move.

I find that these patterns make it easy to tell the three smaller frogs apart despite their similar sizes.

I've also noticed that they each have a specific spot in the tank that they have claimed add their own to sleep in and ic I'm looking for a specific frog I know where to find them.

Just some interesting observations about my Cuban Tree Frogs.

5. This member thanks MaraBird for this post:

MaraBird

WOAH!! TYPO central! I wool fix thas post when I am at the pc. Using Swype on my phone makes my posts almost illegible! Sorry guys. Lol

Thread Information