Thread: Morph identification

Default Morph identification

So I just got into the world of morphs a little while back and the sheer variety of it is overwhelming me.

I wanna ask the vets for a little help, the frogs below were sold to me thru a online store and I wanna just be sure the seller got the morphs identified right.

Name:  straw.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  81.9 KB
    This one sold as a Strawberry Pineapple Albino
    Name:  apri.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  89.0 KB
    This one as an Apricot Albino.

Also, does anyone have a pic of a Sun Kissed Apricot? Been looking hi and lo for a pic of one but can't seem to locate it! Thanks in advance guys!
    "Those among us who are keepers (yes, I am one) owe each and every animal, be their cost mere pennies or thousands of dollars, the best of conditions and care. Research each species before acquisition, and then acquire only those that you can care for adequately and with relative ease." - Richard Bartlett

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Morph identification

Quote Originally Posted by Jerah Teoh Yong Qiang View Post
    So I just got into the world of morphs a little while back and the sheer variety of it is overwhelming me.

I wanna ask the vets for a little help, the frogs below were sold to me thru a online store and I wanna just be sure the seller got the morphs identified right.

Name:  straw.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  81.9 KB
    This one sold as a Strawberry Pineapple Albino
    Name:  apri.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  89.0 KB
    This one as an Apricot Albino.

Also, does anyone have a pic of a Sun Kissed Apricot? Been looking hi and lo for a pic of one but can't seem to locate it! Thanks in advance guys!
    Both thos morphs are correct. I just posted pics of my new frogs from Mike's Phat Frogs. One is of a Sunkissed Apricot.

Thank you for the confirmation! Just wanted to know I was getting my idents right! And your new babes are gorgeous! Guess that smidgen of bright yellow is what separates the Sun Kissed from the normal Apricots huh?
    "Those among us who are keepers (yes, I am one) owe each and every animal, be their cost mere pennies or thousands of dollars, the best of conditions and care. Research each species before acquisition, and then acquire only those that you can care for adequately and with relative ease." - Richard Bartlett

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Jerah Teoh Yong Qiang View Post
    Thank you for the confirmation! Just wanted to know I was getting my idents right! And your new babes are gorgeous! Guess that smidgen of bright yellow is what separates the Sun Kissed from the normal Apricots huh?
    That and they are a bit more vibrant in color. They are exclusively produced by Mike's Phat Frogs.

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    That and they are a bit more vibrant in color. They are exclusively produced by Mike's Phat Frogs.
    Ah, always loved Mike's work. He's like the Ron Tremper of Pacmans!

Edisons 10K

Is there a thread/general guide somewhere for "easy identification" of all the different colors/types of pacmans? I see people mentioning eye spots and patterns and colors and I lose track, lol. Having a picture guide/dictionary of sorts with basic color/pattern descriptions would definitely be helpful to us noobs if there isn't one already posted up here somewhere. If there is already something like that, maybe we can sticky it so it stays at the top where it's easy to find? That might cut back on the "what type of frog did I just buy?" threads.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Edisons 10K View Post
    Is there a thread/general guide somewhere for "easy identification" of all the different colors/types of pacmans? I see people mentioning eye spots and patterns and colors and I lose track, lol. Having a picture guide/dictionary of sorts with basic color/pattern descriptions would definitely be helpful to us noobs if there isn't one already posted up here somewhere. If there is already something like that, maybe we can sticky it so it stays at the top where it's easy to find? That might cut back on the "what type of frog did I just buy?" threads.
    I have never seen a list containing all the morphs out there. There are too many and some do look very similar. Also each breeder will name each morph something a little different. If you look at a breeder's website the morphs and species they breed will be listed. Like The Frog Ranch has.

Edisons 10K

Hmm, maybe not all the morphs, then, lol. Still, hitting the basic breeds and most common morphs might not be a bad idea. That could be a fun project to work on, actually, something like a full on pacman frog wiki that people could add to or edit and search easily. If no one minds, maybe I'll look into some web templates that might work and get something started, then post the link from here so anyone could contribute.

I remember seeing one at the Frog Ranch but a lot of the links are broken. Mike's own page does have quite a few great pics but doesn't cover every available morph or hybrid as well! There's still much to learn for me!

Thread Information