Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WARNING: GRAPHIC VIDEO - Someone feeds a chameleon to a pyxie frog

Cap10Squirty

Default WARNING: GRAPHIC VIDEO - Someone feeds a chameleon to a pyxie frog

I saw this on chameleonforum.com...not sure if it has already been posted here, but I wanted to express my feeling toward this idiot's actions. I don't think this person should be allowed on this forum nor the chameleon forum for doing such a horrible thing. I understand people have different view points on feeders, but this has been taken a little too far.

I certainly would not want this person offering advice to any new frog owners out there..

View at your own risk!
    Pyxie frog eats chameleon - YouTube

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: WARNING: GRAPHIC VIDEO - Someone feeds a chameleon to a pyxie frog

As hard as it is to watch I can't really say much unless we know the back story. For all we know the guy breeds chams for feeders or this cham was a runt or something like that. I know people who feed leos, corn snakes and milks to their monitors and I respect it 100% They are also very knowledgeable and have helped me out a lot.

Cap10Squirty

Ok you have a valid point. What is more disturbing to me was seeing the comments. (I read them on chameleon forum; someone had pasted a few select youtube comments). Maybe the chameleon was a runt, but is that the way to "get rid of it" ?

I have my reservations about feeding my 4 foot monitor lizard something that it wouldn't come across in the wild (which isn't much in reality), but a pyxie frog...I'm almost certain that interaction only ever happened on youtube :P

I agree, I don't know the backstory either.

Nationality
    [United States]

I see the thread over there. Gonna post the same thing.

Cap10Squirty

I feel like it's going to receive more hate over there than it will over here.

In the least, the chameleon went down relatively quick. If I were to feed some poor animal, say a kitten....say I bred kittens for my monitor lizard who would love to eat them....I would be forced to watch the monitor pull the kitten apart limb by limb. I know if that went on youtube, it would only be because I was trying to get attention for myself and my actions....I wonder why you don't see the hate when people feed a bucket of 65 large roaches to their lizard (which is what I did yesterday for my monitor's lunch).

I think communities like this usually have some sort of general line that is drawn as far as principles of captive care for the animals of interest such as what you feed the animal, how you house the animal, how you handle the animal, etc.

Nationality
    [United States]

We will see. I'm ready for anything

Clearly this guy was trying to get attention. Whether he was trying to show off or get people mad or for other reasons idk.

Cap10Squirty

I don't like the bad rap that pyxie frogs are now going to get, if they already have not as being "dirty frogs" and "eat whatever they want".....which both can be true in a way haha. I love my frog though. I just heard it squeak around in its enclosure...I think I'll go talk to it about morals for a while.

9. This member thanks Cap10Squirty for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by cap10squirty View Post
    i think i'll go talk to it about morals for a while.
    lmfao!!!!!!!!!!

Cap10Squirty

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    lmfao!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm serious! I pulled him/her out and talked to it about "right and wrong" hehe. I fed it a few lowly insects and told it to be thankful for what it has to eat each night, then tucked the frog away for the night. I'm sure it all went in one ear and out the other.

SCF

pretty sure that was a pygmy cham. Expensive "snack". All morals aside and i'm sure some of you wont agree with me, but have you have ever watched the discovery channel? This is nature. Why is the cham's life worth more than a cricket or a roach etc? I feed my snakes mice, is that wrong of me?

SCF

Quote Originally Posted by Cap10Squirty View Post
    I fed it a few lowly insects
    Just curious, but are the "lowly" insects worth less as a life because they are smaller or have a smaller brain, do not possess cognitive thought, don't look "cute", etc...

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by SCF View Post
    pretty sure that was a pygmy cham.
    Nope, it was a young veiled

SCF

Aww gotcha, I might get a pygmy this weekend. I just wonder how invertebrates/vertebrates , etc have different values on their life.

SCF

I like your new avatar btw poison, also did you know pluto is not considered a planet anymore...lol

Nationality
    [United States]

Aww gotcha, I might get a pygmy this weekend. I just wonder how invertebrates/vertebrates , etc have different values on their life.
    Cool, what species? Most that you find on the market are WC unfortunately. People seem to have the most success with R. brevicaudatus. I've been doing tons of research on them in the past few years but for some reason I never made the buy lol.

Nationality
    [United States]

I like your new avatar btw poison, also did you know pluto is not considered a planet anymore...lol
    Thank you very much

And yes I heard what you people on earth are saying about my planet. YOU GUYS ARE WRONG!

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

There is actually already a thread on this forum about that video.

http://www.frogforum.net/african-bul...chameleon.html

It's quite sad really, still though I had forgotten about that video so thanks for posting it again.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Truffs1178 View Post
    There is actually already a thread on this forum about that video.

www.frogforum.net/african-bullfrogs/5554-guy-feeds-his-pixie-chameleon.html

It's quite sad really, still though I had forgotten about that video so thanks for posting it again.
    I agree with that "poison beauties" guy. The guy did go about it wrong and he himself may be a sick person just for trying to get a reaction from people. But I don't see anything wrong about feeding chams or any other common species as feeders. And this is coming from someone who has owned chams (have a young one now) and other reptiles in the past.

Nationality
    [United States]

There are many feeders available rather than offering a Chameleon to your frog, BUT given the chance most highly predacious species of frog would willingly accept it as food. Not a common food source, but a whole meal in one nonetheless.

I myself would not use them as a feeded, but it adds much needed variety.

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

I read the comments, he was sick of it because it didn't grow. Here is a quote from one of his comments:

"@CBGReptilez because the previous owner didn't give it correct uvb so it never grew. the chameleon in this video was well over 6 months old, and veiled chameleons should be adults in that time. so i got sick of it not growing and having a ****ty life so i decided to put it down"

Poison, I agree with you but the guy you agree with says it's the natural food chain, it isn't the natural food chain because I bet YEMEN chameleons don't come across AFRICAN bullfrogs in the wild very often.

I also have a cham.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information