Thread: WARNING: GRAPHIC VIDEO - Someone feeds a chameleon to a pyxie frog

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cap10Squirty

Default WARNING: GRAPHIC VIDEO - Someone feeds a chameleon to a pyxie frog

I saw this on chameleonforum.com...not sure if it has already been posted here, but I wanted to express my feeling toward this idiot's actions. I don't think this person should be allowed on this forum nor the chameleon forum for doing such a horrible thing. I understand people have different view points on feeders, but this has been taken a little too far.

I certainly would not want this person offering advice to any new frog owners out there..

View at your own risk!
    Pyxie frog eats chameleon - YouTube

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: WARNING: GRAPHIC VIDEO - Someone feeds a chameleon to a pyxie frog

As hard as it is to watch I can't really say much unless we know the back story. For all we know the guy breeds chams for feeders or this cham was a runt or something like that. I know people who feed leos, corn snakes and milks to their monitors and I respect it 100% They are also very knowledgeable and have helped me out a lot.

Cap10Squirty

Ok you have a valid point. What is more disturbing to me was seeing the comments. (I read them on chameleon forum; someone had pasted a few select youtube comments). Maybe the chameleon was a runt, but is that the way to "get rid of it" ?

I have my reservations about feeding my 4 foot monitor lizard something that it wouldn't come across in the wild (which isn't much in reality), but a pyxie frog...I'm almost certain that interaction only ever happened on youtube :P

I agree, I don't know the backstory either.

Nationality
    [United States]

I see the thread over there. Gonna post the same thing.

Cap10Squirty

I feel like it's going to receive more hate over there than it will over here.

In the least, the chameleon went down relatively quick. If I were to feed some poor animal, say a kitten....say I bred kittens for my monitor lizard who would love to eat them....I would be forced to watch the monitor pull the kitten apart limb by limb. I know if that went on youtube, it would only be because I was trying to get attention for myself and my actions....I wonder why you don't see the hate when people feed a bucket of 65 large roaches to their lizard (which is what I did yesterday for my monitor's lunch).

I think communities like this usually have some sort of general line that is drawn as far as principles of captive care for the animals of interest such as what you feed the animal, how you house the animal, how you handle the animal, etc.

Nationality
    [United States]

We will see. I'm ready for anything

Clearly this guy was trying to get attention. Whether he was trying to show off or get people mad or for other reasons idk.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Thank you very much

And yes I heard what you people on earth are saying about my planet. YOU GUYS ARE WRONG!
    I believe it is now considered a large kuiper belt object

Thread Information