Thread: Leaving for 4 nights.

Default Leaving for 4 nights.

I'm going on a trip back home. Should I bring my pacman frog with me or will he be okay for the 4 nights and 5 days I'll be gone? I have everything on a timer and a hygrotherm to keep the environment stable. At home I have extra 10 gallon tanks he could stay in if I brought him. What do you guys think? Would it be more stressful to ferry him back and forth twice or be on his own from wednesday to sunday?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Leaving for 4 nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffww View Post
    I'm going on a trip back home. Should I bring my pacman frog with me or will he be okay for the 4 nights and 5 days I'll be gone? I have everything on a timer and a hygrotherm to keep the environment stable. At home I have extra 10 gallon tanks he could stay in if I brought him. What do you guys think? Would it be more stressful to ferry him back and forth twice or be on his own from wednesday to sunday?
    You will need to have someone care for him while your gone. He will beed fed and water must be changed after he enters it. Waste will also need to be removed. If you don't have anyone to take care of him while you're away then you should consider taking him along.

Nationality
    [United States]

How old is he? If he's a young one, then you'd either need to take him or get someone to come by and feed him. Some adults don't eat as often, so feeding right before you leave and as soon as you get back wouldn't be a huge issue. Just looking at your location, I'd worry about keeping him always above 75 degrees while traveling and staying somewhere else.
    Even though all mine have their heat and humidity automated, I'd be afraid to leave for more than one night without someone to come in and make sure none of the systems have screwed up and either overheated or turned off. That would be fatal.
    3.0 Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis
    1.1 Thamnophis cyrtopsis ocellatus
    0.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    1.0 Litoria caerulea
    0.1 Terrapene carolina
    0.1 Python regius
    0.1 Grammostola rosea
    0.0.1 Brachypelma smithi
    0.1 Hogna carolinensis

Nationality
    [France]

Even for a young frog, 4 days without feeding is reallly not an isse (Except if he is already sick for example).
    What I suggest, is that you ensure he pooped the last meal before you leave.
    You spray the substrate mor ethan usually before leaving.
    You can remove the water bowl (If there is one), in the case he would poop again inside and stays inside during some days...
    This is what I do.

How old is your frog ?
    do you have pictures of the forg + enclosure ?
    1.0.0 Ceratophrys ornata CB
    0.1.0 Pleurodeles waltl CB
    1.0.0 Pyxicephalus adspersus CB

The frog is coming on 6 months old now. I think I'm going to take him home for the weekend though. I've got a nice shiny ADA starfire glass aquarium at home he can sit in until I take him back to his 12x12 exoterra lol.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Would you have styro box that you can use? Big enough to place a frogs enclosure in? This way you can make sure his conditions are good while on a road, place heat pacs in, thermometer or like I do - tape hear cable inside plug it into controller and controller into inverter
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

If there's a clean one in the lab I work in I'll have one. Otherwise would double boxing him in a critter keeper and carboard with heat pads be okay? It's actually around mid 70s where I live right now...

Thread Information