Here's a little back story, my neighbors were vacationing in South Carolina and were unpacking their car when they found a stowaway in their luggage. Being the good neighbor and not wanting the frog to be stuck in the Pennsylvania winter, I took him off their hands and set up a nice little habitat for him. His name is Balls because he has a pretty big set for taking a permanent vacation from SC to Pennsylvania.

His housing is an 18x18x18 enclosure with coconut husk as the substrate. I currently have a 100w CHE and Fluorescent 13w bulb. The CHE pretty much runs all day and keeps the enclosure around 68-70 degrees all day and night (normal house temp is quite cold during the day and gets to about 66-68 once we return from work) I run the fluorescent light 10-12 hours per day.

In the past 2 days I noticed his skin is turning a grayish color yet nothing has changed in his housing or feeding schedule or anything. I typically feed him approximately 15-20 medium sized crickets per week, dusted with a calcium supplement. The humidity is typically around 50%.

I have googled everything under the sun and can't figure out if his skin color is normal or not. He was a vibrant bright green and it would change depending on what he would sit on to a darker green color, but the color he is now seems suspect to me.

I have attached pictures, can someone please please please tell me if this is normal or not? The 3rd picture is just a snapshot of his housing. The other 3 show his possible discoloration.

Name:  IMAG0307.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  70.9 KBName:  IMAG0306.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  59.8 KBName:  IMAG0308.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  82.3 KBName:  IMAG0305.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  57.9 KB