Thread: My whites tree frog

jacobnk

Question My whites tree frog

Hey all!

I am thinking about buying a pet whites tree frog, and I have done all of my research, firstly, will an eco terra 30x30x45 be too big for the baby tree frog?? I would rather buy just one viv instead of buying multiple as it grows.

My main question in crickets. What size do I feed my baby tree frog when it comes? I have heard half inch crickets, but when the frogs come, they will be half an inch! also how often? would you recommend feeding my hand or letting crickets loose in viv?

Finally what sort of size do they reach when fully grown, and how long does it take for them to fully grow, please could you give me an example (e.g after a month or so will it be a lot bigger than half an inch?) thanks again guys

Good day!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: My whites tree frog

Quote Originally Posted by jacobnk View Post
    Hey all!

I am thinking about buying a pet whites tree frog, and I have done all of my research, firstly, will an eco terra 30x30x45 be too big for the baby tree frog?? I would rather buy just one viv instead of buying multiple as it grows.
    Hi, that size enclosure is fine for a baby but to small for an adult. I would recommend looking into the 18x18x24 (inches) for a single adut. And a baby would do fine in this size enclosure if provided enough cover.

My main question in crickets. What size do I feed my baby tree frog when it comes? I have heard half inch crickets, but when the frogs come, they will be half an inch! also how often? would you recommend feeding my hand or letting crickets loose in viv?
    General rule is feed the same sized prey as the lengths between the frogs eyes. As for how to feed the frog that is really up to you. If you choose to let the crickets loose in the cage be sure to provide a small food source for them as well or they will seek out food else where (your frog).

Finally what sort of size do they reach when fully grown, and how long does it take for them to fully grow, please could you give me an example (e.g after a month or so will it be a lot bigger than half an inch?) thanks again guys

Good day!
    Generally takes about 2 years for a whites to be fully mature. One of my whites hit 3" in a year, some frogs may grow faster some may grow slower.

jacobnk

Okya thank you so much, umm solo how big SHOULD the crickets be when I first get the frog, I don't want it to arrive and for it to starve for a couple days while the crickets arrive, like 1/4 inch crickets?? thanks again buddy

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

It's always better to feed more smaller feeders than ones to big for it to eat. Can't go wrong getting small bugs, this way they won't outgrow the frog.
    Rest in peace Rosie 5-31-12
    Rest in peace Rufus 2-7-14
    Rest in peace Morph 8-14-15

Thread Information