Thread: Just bought ACF, won't eat.

NJfrogger

Default Just bought ACF, won't eat.

Hello all,

I'm a little concerned about my tiny ACF. I believe he is a male, although that may be a bit off topic. I named him Bocephus, or Bo for short.

I bought him Wednesday night. The lady at the pet store apparently gave me a guppie as well and I didn't notice until I got home. But anyway, this frog will not eat. I know it has only been two days, maybe I'm just worried because it says they pretty much everywhere that they are ravenous eaters and I highly doubt the guppie is eating all his food. Yesterday, I fed him with aquarium tweezers and he actually did eat twice. I had moved him into a separate container for that. Am I just being paranoid? Is he just getting used to things? Maybe he isn't used to hand-feeding, tweezer-feeding yet? Maybe I'm stressing him too much by moving him? I tried it again tonight and he avoided the tweezers this time which upsets me because I'd like to know he's okay. He has shown some interest in eating the guppie I think, but has not made a move to.

Thanks for any advice or tips.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Just bought ACF, won't eat.

Recently moved frogs will sometimes stop eating for a few days or even weeks. In case of aquatic frogs, if the water quality was different (pH, etc.), it could affect them a bit.

Do stop moving frog around; that will make it stress more. Please answer these questions to check if everything is OK. Thank you !

“Trouble in the Frog Enclosure”

The following information will be very helpful if provided when requesting assistance with either your frog or enclosure. To help with your questions, please utilize the below list and post the information in the proper forum area to get advice from FF members that keep the same frog. This will allow for little confusion and a faster more informed response.

1. Tank Size and volume of water in it (full, 1/2 filled, etc.)?

2. Number of inhabitants including all frogs and any fish?

3. Water source and any conditioner treatments?

4. Water Temperature and how is it heated (if so)?

5. Water chemistry levels: pH; Ammonia (NH3); Nitrites (NO2); Nitrates (NO3)? Note that if you do not have test kits, most aquariums/pet shops will do complimentary tests if you take a clean water sample.

6. Describe any filter system including model and media?[/COLOR]

7. Substrate type?

8. Tank set-up (plants (live or artificial), driftwood, hide outs and other decor? - How were things prepared prior to being put into the tank?

9. Main frog staple food and any treats? How often you feed?

10. CA, vitamins, and any other additives used (how often)?

11. Lighting set-up and hours it's used?

12. When is the last time frog ate?

13. Have you found poop lately?

14. A picture would be helpful including frog and tank (any including cell phone pics are fine).

15. How old is the frog?

16. How long have you owned him/her?

17. Is the frog wild caught or captive bred?

18. Any medications in the water (treatment dosis and for how long)?

19. Any salt in water (how much)?

20. Is the tank kept in a high or low traffic area?

21. Describe tank maintenance to include water changes, cleaning, media changes, etc.).

By Lynn(flybyferns), GrifTheGreat, and aquatic questions added by Carlos(Mentat)
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

NJfrogger

Default Re: Just bought ACF, won't eat.

Just wanted to add an update that the little guy finally ate from me last night! It wasn't much but he FINALLY ate a few blood worms Thank you for the reply. I will answer this when I have more time.

Thread Information