Thread: housing question

Maverick

Thumbs up housing question

can these two be together?They seem to not mind eachother.Name:  IMAG0163.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  89.4 KBName:  IMAG0168.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  62.0 KBAnd dont worry i was being carefull with gunther my big female around the little ones.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: housing question

I just got my pixie a couple of weeks ago, and he/she is about the size of your middle frog. I would be concerned over cannibalism because my pixie already eats adult crickets with no trouble which are not too much bigger than your baby. Worse yet, if they got in a squabble and the big one tried to eat the little, it might choke and they both die. I personally wouldn't risk it, but you know your own pets better than I, just be careful.

4. This member thanks Pippin for this post:

Beardo

No, not unless you want the big one to eat the little one. It will happen.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

You cannot house them together and you. Shouldn't have them anywhere near each other. You've been told once already. These frogs do eat their own kind. They will not hesitate in doing so.

Please try and exercise caution otherwise you may end up with only one Pyxi.

Maverick

but the frog I have did great with the frog I had before.And the new frog might be a little big for him to eat.

Nationality
    [United States]

Didn't you just get the frog? You should be quarantining it.

NialR35

You have already been told by several members here what to do yet you keep on putting these different sized frogs together and you are only asking for it. The big female can easily swallow any of the other two. These are not freaking cats or dogs kid, these will eat each other without hesitation.

Also stop randomly putting them on random surfaces to take pictures because they could absorb anything through their skin. You just had a frog die on you for negligence so I don't even know why you keep getting more. Get ready to raise three pixies, especially if you end up with males.

Maverick

Im not putting my female with my babys.im not retarted

Maverick

And my other one drowned in a honey soak (me caring for it because i was worried)it was a accident so stop acting like i dont give a **** about my frogs.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    And my other one drowned in a honey soak (me caring for it because i was worried)it was a accident so stop acting like i dont give a **** about my frogs.
    Hello Maverick! The only way your baby frog drowned in it's bath was if the water was too deep and frog was unable to maintain itself above water. Bath's should only reach the chin when frog is at rest and if done right; there is no way a frog could drown in it. Maybe it was a mistake or confusion on how to do bath; but no matter what, the baby Pixie is now dead .

No one is accusing you of anything; but we have warned you repeatedly about certain actions that put your frogs at risk an you insist in doing them. They are your frogs and it's you who is responsible for their safety. Accidents that could be prevented or which warnings are ignored are not accidents; they are negligence and most members here will frown upon that.

You need to realize frogs are animals with big mouths and the instinct to strike at things that move and fit in them. It will happen faster than you can move to avoid it and the smaller frog will at least be injured by the larger's sharp odontoids. Also, you are placing your frog in what looks like bedding articles that were possibly washed with detergents and that could cause them health issues. What I'm stating here are well known facts and you are placing your frogs at risk, please don't continue doing so, thank you !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

13. 2 members thank Mentat for this post:

Beardo

Like others have said......they're YOUR frogs......its YOUR responsibility to keep them safe. If you are going to refuse to listen to or ignore the advice/help of more experienced keepers.....PLEASE, stop posting pictures of you doing negligent things with your animals. The people who care about their animals do not wish to see such things and you will be met with contempt and anger each time you do so.

Maverick

How is putting a frog on a bed bad im certain its not,and i stoped putting my frogs on my dresser.And all my frogs are safe and doing well.

Beardo

Also, you are placing your frog in what looks like bedding articles that were possibly washed with detergents and that could cause them health issues. What I'm stating here are well known facts and you are placing your frogs at risk, please don't continue doing so, thank you

As has aleady been said......

Maverick

Then don't comment,because I'm not going to go back and forth with some guy on the internet.And my two BABIES are in no position to cause preventable harm anymore.

Beardo

SCF

Quote Originally Posted by NialR35 View Post
    You have already been told by several members here what to do yet you keep on putting these different sized frogs together and you are only asking for it. The big female can easily swallow any of the other two. These are not freaking cats or dogs kid, these will eat each other without hesitation.

Also stop randomly putting them on random surfaces to take pictures because they could absorb anything through their skin. You just had a frog die on you for negligence so I don't even know why you keep getting more. Get ready to raise three pixies, especially if you end up with males.
    Nial, I remember you telling me awhile ago about Maverick's threads..looks like things have changed?

SCF

Maverick, i'm not knocking you in this thread. Just an inside thing awhile ago. To be honest, I didnt even read all of it.

NialR35

Once upon a time.....

Thread Information