Thread: Fogger/Humidifier Recommendations

TypingMonkey

Default Fogger/Humidifier Recommendations

Does anyone know of a good fogger or humidifier that will work in a 20 long pacman tank? I want one that is quiet and adjustable. If there's an automatic one that would be good, but if not that's OK.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Paul Rust

Default Re: Fogger/Humidifier Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by TypingMonkey View Post
    Does anyone know of a good fogger or humidifier that will work in a 20 long pacman tank? I want one that is quiet and adjustable. If there's an automatic one that would be good, but if not that's OK.
    I have used a ZOO-MED Habba-Mist that works good in a smaller setup like a 20g. It is adjustable for time of day and spray duration and has an adjustable nozzle. I don't like it in the 50g it is in now but otherwise it works good.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Skulldroog

I was thinking about getting one of these down the line. Not quite sure about it all that much though.

I'll have to do some research.

TypingMonkey

I looked up Habba Mist on youtube and it seems quite noisy, also it's not a fogger, it's a mister which is different, I want one that fogs or humidifies I think is another word for it.

Paul Rust

Quote Originally Posted by TypingMonkey View Post
    I looked up Habba Mist on youtube and it seems quite noisy, also it's not a fogger, it's a mister which is different, I want one that fogs or humidifies I think is another word for it.
    It's not that loud. Mine runs at 8pm and I usually don't hear it. For that small of an enclosure I'm sure you don't want a misting system like is in my 60g dart viv. If you do look up Mist-King and see if that is what you want. I have 3 of these and I do love them. It isn't that much quieter than the Habba-Mist though. If you don't like that then get a little ultrasonic fogger that sits in the water. I have used those and threw them away because they are a pain. You can modify a Wal-Mart cool mist humidifier if you want to also.

Julia

Quote Originally Posted by NW Amphibian Rescue View Post
    get a little ultrasonic fogger that sits in the water. I have used those and threw them away because they are a pain.
    The ultrasonic foggers look great but are a huge waste of money. You have to replace parts weekly to keep it working. I had one in the water portion of my 50/50 water land tank. One day it had been turned around (probably by the animals in the tank) and the fogger flooded the entire land portion of my tank within a couple hours. I had to remove the soppy mess and re do the land area. Not a fun task in a 100 gallon tank. These flimsy foggers are not worth the money. I also read that if the animal sits directly on the unit they can get burned.

Paul Rust

Hi Julia, I have heard many stories just like that. Incidentally, I see you took the water out of your waterfall. Let me take a wild guess and say that the pump kept clogging up and you got tired of messing with it everyday, close? That little cove that your frogs like to hide in is supposed to be for a little ultrasonic fogger, it doesn't work very good either when the pump stops.

Thread Information