Thread: Help! ADF acting very strangely

SilasMortimer

Default Help! ADF acting very strangely

Hi, I'm sorry to come begging in a first post, but I'm really worried about my ADF.

He lives in a heavily planted 5 gallon tank with a betta and one each of three different species of snail. He has lived happily in the tank for around three months, at the same time that I introduced the last of the snails. The betta and other two snails have been in there longer. Just this evening, I noticed some very disturbing behavior from the ADF.

First, while I occasionally see it bend slightly backward, depending on where it's resting or whatever, at the moment, it doesn't seem to be able to straighten its back. I don't know if it's that or it's doing that to relieve some other problem. However, it'll sit still for a moment, then look like it's trying to swim, but it'll be swimming in a backward somersault, spinning several times before it rests again, generally finding a spot in a leaf to anchor itself. It looks very distressed and I have NO idea what I should be doing for it. Searching the internet and reading "Basic Frog First Aid" on this site isn't giving me any clues - though it might be because I'm freaking out and just not getting something.

At the moment, he's made it to the top of the tank and is floating there very still and has been for a few minutes, which is nice if he's getting to relax a moment.

I fed him (and the betta) this morning and haven't since, so if it's something he ate, it took a while for the effect to show up.

Any ideas?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information