Thread: When a Dumpy escapes.....

Tropicok

Default When a Dumpy escapes.....

Last night my Dumpy frog was drowsing in a new spot on the bottom corner of the door. I almost opened the door and let him perch on my finger to examine him but changed my mind. Should have listened to my thought and intuition but considered that he had chased a cricket into a hole under his bowl. This morning he is missing from his Exo-Terra cage and not to be found. The door was open just a bit and I think that's why he was perched there, savoring the incoming air. I have placed a flat bowl of water and will put the cricket keeper full of large crickets beside it tonight. Hope I can attract him to come out. When I was searching for him I located several crickets that had hopped loose on previous feeding. He won't starve but I worry about dehydration. So, folks, open a cage door once but close it twice (paraphrased from a carpenter's mantra).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Paul Rust

Default Re: When a Dumpy escapes.....

Oh no, I hope he comes back safe. I learned from Ebony to place several bowls of water around the house, he will seek water sooner or later.

scribbles

Good luck, I would place water bowls around the house.

Firestar72

oh no! i hope you find him! I would for sure try the water bowls.

Tropicok

I found him....I was so happy I couldn't stop cooing as I held him in my hand to warm him up. The living room looks like a tornado hit it, furniture overturned, magazines on the floor, books pulled from shelves or re-arranged. I went to bed and woke up thinking where he could be. There are saucers of water setting all over. I pulled all the pillows off the couch and overturned it thinking he might be perched on the springs. No luck but when I turned around to get up....THERE HE WAS......sitting on the carpet, dark brown and cold. He is now back in his warm safe home with door firmly closed. A wonderful mother's day present. Did I say, I was SO HAPPY?

scribbles

That's great to hear, so glad you found him.

Kurt

That is so great. I bet you are relieved at this point and learned a very important lesson.

Paul Rust

Outstanding! See, he needed you as much you needed him. Glad it turned out positively.

Skulldroog

Glad to see he's back in his warm home. I would have **** a brick too. Lol

Amphibians

I know how you feel! its horrible. Awhile ago my youngest firebellied toad escaped. He is about the size of a thumbnail so the search was quite slow, careful, and extensive. I tore apart my room and while i was looking through some laundry I heard him croak, he was right behind me on the carpet. glad you found yours!

Thread Information