Thread: Found frog with injury, visit ASAP :(( please help poor frog

yard90

Default Found frog with injury, visit ASAP :(( please help poor frog

I copied it from my reptileforum post
    First of all it is Common Frogg (Rana temporaria), its pretty big for its size, yesterday he was completly fine when i was doing garden work outside, i know this frog, but today i saw him limping very hard So i knew i could not let this animal die in night cold.. so i bringed him in a ward place, i put some damp sheets with water in little little bowl if he/she wasnted to drink. I even got some nice lighting on him so he could stay nice and warm(i think moisture and temperature are the best that i couldve gave this guy at the moment. So please i need help i might post a picture or two later. Please i need help asap, how long can frog go without eating, i mean i will offer him worms right away when i can.. I will try to describe his front leg. umm its like normal and then goes like very thin (can see little bit of flesh), and goes back to normal thickness....
    Please im very warm hearted, english is not my main language, i wrote this in a very hurry
    Any first aid advice would be thankfull...
    Let this poor guy survive please...
    (front leg)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Flying Dutchman

Default Re: Found frog with injury, visit ASAP :(( please help poor frog

I think a cat or dog had a go at him/her. You write you can see a bit of flesh, that means the frog is injured bad. An infection can harm this frog. If you really want to save this frog, you can take him/her to a vet. Maybe the wound can be treated by the vet, and the vet can give some antibiotics.

But to be sure, I would have to see a picture of the wound.

yard90

Default Re: Found frog with injury, visit ASAP :(( please help poor frog

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Dutchman View Post
    I think a cat or dog had a go at him/her. You write you can see a bit of flesh, that means the frog is injured bad. An infection can harm this frog. If you really want to save this frog, you can take him/her to a vet. Maybe the wound can be treated by the vet, and the vet can give some antibiotics.

But to be sure, I would have to see a picture of the wound.
    We had a conversation in Reptileforum UK, a guy say if the frog is hopping around in the container alot then he would suggest me to put him at the place where i found him in the garden. And true the frog was hopping alot and his front right leg didnt seem to hinder him anyway, So i put the frog where i found him and he happily hopped towards a tree where his hiding place is I think, theres like a little cave in a Tree. I will check him tomorrow and see how he is hopping, if its bad I will take him to the wet but i watched him about 5 minutes, he was like a normal frog hopping around. I think he went better with that 2 - 3 hours in warm water.
    Keep your fingers crossed

Thread Information