Thread: Feeding amount

Default Feeding amount

Ok so I'm still confused how much I should be feeding my frog. Like... How many pieces of worms his svl i should give him; Someone halp

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Feeding amount

Unless a tiny baby; cut night crawlers from pointy end in pieces same as frogs length and feed as many as it will eat in one seating. If a tiny baby that just reabsorbed tail, feed pieces around width of mouth (one will usually do). Pacmans do not overfeed !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Default Feeding amount

But how long is 1 feeding generally? I dont wanna get an obese frog, which one of mine already seems to be starting to go into.

Nationality
    [Canada]

if you feed proper food, a frog will not be obese, they are very good at regulating food intake. however if you feed him mice, wax worms you will have very obese and sick frog.
    keep in mind it is their nature to be fat and round, but there is a difference between normal body fat and obesity.
    general rule is as many as he eats in 15 min a day, but really you can go as many as he eats a day per one feeding while a baby, later he'll slow down. make sure you supplement food with Ca/vitD3 2xweek and once a week on a different day multivitamins.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Depends on the frog. My full grown male takes a little while to grab a worm. About 10 mins max. Now my juvenile is a differnt story. This frog takes about thirty seconds to eat all she/he wants.

Default Feeding amount

Does it look like they're obese?...Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382743245.504480.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  91.9 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382743450.661612.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  52.5 KB

Oh as long as your feeding nightcrawlers as a staple food you won't have a fat frog. For my juvenile I feed worm chunks half as long as her. However you can feed worm chunks as long as your frog if you want. Just remember smaller portions are easier to digest.

Nope. I see two healthy good looking young frogs.

Default Feeding amount

These guys bite within 10 seconds at the longest, since I've had them theyve been getting 2 crawlers their svl a day. Working on 3 a day. I just am not sure if thats not enough or too much for them.

Yeah its really easy. If they want more, they will eat more. If they are full, look for signs such as small headbutts, turning away, or totally ignoring of the orey item.

Nationality
    [Canada]

two very healthy looking frogs! very nice!
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Thread Information