Thread: baby albino

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [Canada]

Default baby albino

My lime green albino is seems to be doing well, and has shown some growth. I haven't measured him/her yet, but I'd say she's loony size or just a little smaller. On one side of the tank I have a ton of plants and a cave and two small water dishes. There was for a while a cave that was facing the plants so she couldn't really go in. The other size had the heat of around 80-84F. But she seems to prefer the cooler side for sure, a lot more really. One time I fed her then placed her on the warm side, she sat there for about 2 minutes, I thought it would speed up her metabolism and help her digest the little night crawler piece I gave her. But after that time she hopped away and climbed up the cave and the plants over the cave stretch over like an umbrella and she was just hiding and peeking out over on top of that. Her appetite is very good, she's slightly cool to the touch, is it okay for her to prefer the cool side? Will she be fine this way?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: baby albino

Hard to say, it depends I guess. But they need temp gradient and cooler a little bit temps at night.
    As long as it is eating well and proper foods, food is being supplemented properly it should be all good.
    Would love to see pics
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [Canada]

Name:  Salsa 02.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  52.0 KBI'm going to try and get a better picture of him/her today. I do a roughly 12 hour day/night cycle and try and give her a little variety. She has mostly eaten cricket but she ate a night crawler (small piece) a little while ago. I heard silk worms are good so I'm trying to get a small one. All her food is supplemented with a calcium & d3 and multi-vitamin to.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [Canada]

Just tried to feed him today. I cleaned out his enclosure, took out all the frog moss and put in fresh water dishes. In the pen I put him in he wasn't interested in eating. So I made sure the enclosure was as safe as I think it could be and I put him in the crickets in the enclosure but he just hopped over to his favorite plant and is hiding there. That's on the cooler side. Should I move where the heat lamp is? I have no fogger, I just have a mister/sprayer right now.

Nationality
    [Canada]

If your sensor reads 80-84 and is placed in a middle between hot and cold side it is all good. You can post your answers to trouble in the enclosure questions here , we can go over and suggest to adjust if anything needs to, but really if he likes one spot in particular that happens to be on a cold side, and he is eating well, there is nothing to worry about.

Very pretty frog by the way
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [Canada]

Name:  Salsa setup.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  84.2 KBSalsa hiding in the plant, in the left corner. I just read your response, after I posted this and am in edit. Yeah the worm he had two meals ago was dangled before him and he took to that and he ate the cricket a couple days ago. I guess I was just overly worried where my other one I got shipped died. Thanks for the compliment :-)

Nationality
    [Canada]

Lmao, in a plant? I guess it works too. One of mine likes to pretend he is a tree frog to when he was a baby, silly frog.

Thread Information