Thread: Hi from UK

Samantha

Default Hi from UK

Hi, im not sure how to navigate my way round the forum yet typical woman you may say Anyway, I am getting 2 young fire bellied toads tomorrow and would like to know if they will be ok to put in the same tank as my other 3 8yr old ones?? You may think this is a silly question!! LOL!! x

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Hi from UK

Hello and welcome to FF Samantha! Would not place any new frogs in same enclosures as my established ones without a Quarantine period of at least 30 days to ensure they are healthy. A quarantine tank not need to be elaborate and is same as a hospital tank. As long as you provide a water dish, substrate of plain damp undecorated paper towels, and a couple fake plants to make them feel secure it should be OK. You've got FBT's for 8 years so presume you know all the basic stuff; but here is FF's excellent care article for your reading: Frog Forum - Fire-Bellied Toad Care and Breeding - Bombina orientalis and relatives .

After that period you can introduce the new frogs to your permanent enclosure as long as the younger frogs do not fit in the mouth of the older ones. Good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

3. This member thanks Mentat for this post:

maxQ

Default Re: Hi from UK

Welcome Samantha, no questions are silly here as I learned quickly, everyone here is eager to help. I also keep FBT's and love them, good luck with your new babies.

Name:  welcome (4).gif
Views: 51
Size:  12.5 KB

5. This member thanks maxQ for this post:

Thread Information