Thread: Adopted box turtles

Tropicok

Default Adopted box turtles

A lawnmower was probably responsible for my latest adoption, a 3-legged box turtle. This is a cross between an ornate and a 3-toed box turtle which is common in Oklahoma. One hind leg was severed at shell level and the other at "ankle" level (pad/claws missing). The poor little critter was discovered by someone who lives in a huge apt. complex and turned it in to the local reptile store. I got the call and said I would take it. I have another box turtle which has a large chunk of the shell missing where the "shoulder" would be. Its legs are intact and both love worms I dig for them. The wounded areas are completely healed over.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Paul Rust

Default Re: Adopted box turtles

So Alice, let me get this straight. If I breed a 3 toed box turtle with an Ornate I will get a 3 legged box turtle? seriously though that is awesome. I love turtles I just don't have the room for them, overrun by frogs you know.

Kurt

Default Re: Adopted box turtles

I have a Florida box myself. Awesome turtle. I love Cuora amboinensis, galbinifrons, and flavomarginata. Don't have any, but I do love them.

Thread Information