Thread: New Custom 20 Gal. Long FBT Habitat

snoe

Default New Custom 20 Gal. Long FBT Habitat

Hey guys i just finished my new FBT habitat today. Its a 20 Gal. long terrarium with a custom curved acrylic barrier to divide the land from the water portion. it has a micro filter for turtle tanks hidden behind faux vines. the water partition is 4" deep and sealed using regular aquarium sealant. The water portion is filled with regular freshwater aquarium pebbles. The land portion is layered with sand, aquarium pebbles, bark, soil and sphagnum moss on top. I have a 50 watt halogen mini heat lamp anbot four inches above the tank and an under tank heater under the water portion.

I want to give a little shout out to Allens Aquariums In venice Ca. they were extremely helpful and knowledgeable and had everything you could need including a very nice selection of reptiles, amphibians, mammals birds and every size feeder mouse you could need!

Here are pics, if you have any reccomendations or any constructive critisism please feel free to let me know it will help me and my and my little friends.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  8.9 KB
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  97.7 KB
    Name:  3.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  94.4 KB
    Name:  4.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  89.1 KB

P.S. I dont have any names for my little friends, any suggestions?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: New Custom 20 Gal. Long FBT Habitat

Quote Originally Posted by snoe View Post
    ... and an under tank heater under the water portion...
    Tank looks nice; but not sure if quote means a submerged heater in the water or a reptile heat pad under the tank located below water . If the latter; have you checked the water and substrate temperature when mat is on? By the way, if there is a water leak; this could become dangerous to you. Good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

snoe

i a ctually just encured a leak what problems could occure?

emfroggy

Very Nice tank setup!! I wish I could pull something off like this!! I have a 20 gallon long too at the moment but it is very dull looking. I'll make a thread when I get to taking pics of it. P.S. I have two firebellys at the moment and their names are Fred and Froggers. I hope this helps you think of some names for your friends.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by snoe View Post
    i a ctually just encured a leak what problems could occure?
    Heat pads are not water proof. If wet from a leak or spill there is a potential electrical hazard that could lead to a fire or electrocution . Please read the safety warnings that came with your pad; it should be listed in there.
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

snoe

Quote Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
    Heat pads are not water proof. If wet from a leak or spill there is a potential electrical hazard that could lead to a fire or electrocution . Please read the safety warnings that came with your pad; it should be listed in there.

the leak was internal the barrier had a small leak the heat pad is under the tank where its dry. Thanks for the tip

Nationality
    [United States]

Default New Custom 20 Gal. Long FBT Habitat

Your tank looks great .

You could move the heat pad to the outside side wall for safety. Be careful to remove it very slowly so the inside heat coils to not break. They are very delicate. The other safer option is to buy a small fish tank submersible heater with a thermostat built in and you can place it in under the gravel where they will not burn themselves. Be sure not to turn it on until its under the water. They work great and you can set the desired temp .
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Thread Information