Thread: White's Tree Frog Healthy Weight Range

Member needs to set country!

Default White's Tree Frog Healthy Weight Range

(- Currently my large terrarium is being shared by 1 female and 1 male White's and two smaller Gillens Tree Frogs. I intend to get another tank for the Gillens, but they're very active and accustomed to the large tank. The only tank I could possibly afford is much too small.-)

The Scales thread had got me interested so I decided to weigh my White's. The female weighed a whopping 86 grammes (might need to re-weigh this in case the scales were out) - I am concerned she's too pudgy (or simply carrying eggs); whereas the male weighs 36 grammes. I'm concerned he's too light. How do you tell if a White's is underweight? What's the average weight? I'm fairly certain he's lost weight since I got him. His head looks bigger than his body and although he still has a stomach that juts out underneath, he looks out of proportion. He is 3 years old.

My 2 year old Gillens are 22g and 26g which seems fine, although one does look a little skinny around his head.

I've tried tweezer feeding the male and he didn't think much of it two days ago. Today he accepted 3 decaptitated meal worms. Are they a good idea for him at this stage? Or should I see if I can trick him with earthworms, which are healthier?

Photo number 1 - two days ago; Photo number 2 - today (he's gained weight and yes, I accidentally turned on the flash)
    Attachment 60918Attachment 60919

PS I cut and pasted this as I was going to post it in the Scales thread. I tried wrapping [img] tags around the attachments but they didn't work. I don't know if you'll have to click the link to view them or if they're displayed.

Apologies if I are grammar no good and not-what. I haven't slept in two days.
    ----------
    I want to know how much he should weigh and if he's under. I've found watery, smelly droppings which I suspect are his. It's either parasites or stress from me using a weak torch to check their temperature at night (it's spring - 12C one day, 30C the next - and I'm awaiting a thermostat). He is otherwise healthy and active, as are his surrounds.

PPS What does it mean when the female answers his call? It's a half-croak she mades. Yes, I am certain it's a she.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information