Thread: How can I get papers to sell or send out these tads?

charlamanda

Default How can I get papers to sell or send out these tads?

So most of you know I have all these tadpoles in my pool that I've been bringing in to save. There are many of you that are more than willing to take them in to raise.
    I did contact the Pa fish and game commisson for permission to send them, but so far I have not heard from them.I'll consider no news good news, it wasn't a flat out no!
    So I am curious about contacting, whomever I need to, to file for the papers I need so I can give these guys away.
    Say if my frogs bred and they were their offspring could I then give them away or does it not matter and it's just the particular breed that you can not do anything with?
    There has got to be some legal way here, I just need to figure this out, but some ideas would help!
    When I read through the Pa laws it does say, trade, barder or sell, nothing about giving them away for nothing. So I am wondering if this is actually legal to give them away for free. Any thoughts?
    Thanks and I am not giving up yet!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: How can I get papers to sell or send out these tads?

I'd double ck. You are probably already in violation of Pa. law by possessing them. Basically their are only a few native Pa. amphibians you can legally keep. You are only allowed to have a couple specimens of each. If they breed you are in violation. You need to have a fishing license to keep any native Pa. amphibians if a resident of Pa. Check your fishing license book I think the regulations are spelled out in there.

4. This member thanks MichaelS for this post:

SethD

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelS View Post
    I'd double ck. You are probably already in violation of Pa. law by possessing them. Basically their are only a few native Pa. amphibians you can legally keep. You are only allowed to have a couple specimens of each. If they breed you are in violation. You need to have a fishing license to keep any native Pa. amphibians if a resident of Pa. Check your fishing license book I think the regulations are spelled out in there.
    I hate state laws like that. Texas was pretty much a completely free state in that area up until 4-5 years ago. Aside from a handful of protected species you could keep any number of what ever you liked with no restrictions. Nobody worried about it. Then some bureaucrat decided we needed laws restricting the possession and trade of native reptiles/amphibians. Never mind that it was a solution to a nearly non-existent problem. At least we are still can keep some but now it is something of a hassle if you want to keep and breed native species of amphibians. If you want to keep more than ten of one native species on the "white list" or more than 25 specimens total of native species you have to buy a annual 25$ permit from them for that privilege. If you want to sell any native species regardless of whether or not you captive bred them yourself you now have to buy a sixty dollar annual "dealer" permit, keep a daily log, and report any sales of native species to the the state within 24 hours. I think the 24 hour reporting of sales requirement is particularly ridiculous. At least we can still keep and breed most native species if we pay the state extra money and jump through hoops but I wish bureaucrats didn't feel the need to justify their own existence by constantly passing new regulations even in areas that don't need it.

charlamanda

Thanks for the input guys, Seth I must admit I do like the way you think! I always keep an annual fishing license, since I am across the street from a 5 mile round lake with several docks at my disposal. Many of the tenants in the commnunity only use their homes as weekend or vacation homes, keeps the area nice and quiet. When my friends come up many like to fish and I go a lot with my 85 year old neighbor who could run circles around me and I am serious about that! He is always out golfing, hanging and I am sure drinking at the VFW and at other fuctions, he's in better shape than I am, sad really!.
    If I can't or don't find homes for the tads I am going to hibernate them and release them anyway, hopefully no harm done, but they will most likey be better off as pets since more will survive.
    I actually spent hours one day reading through the state laws, it says that you need a license to take them out of state waterways, not out of your pool on your property, but it's a fine line=)
    ***So I'd be willing to get a state permit, but Iam a bit fuzzy who I'd contact? Pa fish and game or business and trade?

Kurt

pa f&w.

charlamanda

Thanks Kurt, I'll give it a try!

Thread Information