Thread: New arrivals

Kurt

Default New arrivals

Today I went and bought some frogs at my local Petco. About two weeks ago, one of the managers pulls me aside and tells me that he has something they just got in that I just had to have. I couldn't beleive Petco would have what I saw and bought today, Phyllomedusa hypochondrialis. I have had my original frog for close to ten years now and never thought of getting him a buddy or two. I generally like to keep frogs in small groups, so I finally broke down and bought two more.

For those in the Boston area that are interested, they are at the Woburn store and they look good.

So that brings the frog collection up to 35 frogs, plus 31 red-eyed froglets, and an undetermined number of tadpoles.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Amphibians

Default Re: New arrivals

Wow that is quite shocking to see in a petco! congrats, I love when local shops get something absurd. beautifal species

pics?

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Congrats Kurt. Will we get a photo??

Skulldroog

Congrats man!

That's quite the collection you have going there. Mine will grow to three tomorrow. I'd love to see some pictures.

Kurt

Unfortunately, I don't own a digital camera. I would have to borrow one to get pictures or better yet, get John to take a few.

I have been doing a little research and think the ones I bought yesterday are not the same species or subspecies that I already have. I believe what I bought yesterday may in fact be Phyllomedusa azurea or P. h. azurea, and not P. h. .hypochondrialis. I have not come across any material yet that definitely says one way or the other.

The trouble comes in when we are talking husbandry. P. h. azurea likes it warm and dry, whilst P. h. hypochodrialis likes it much more humid and cooler.

beaux mitchell

congrats!!!

JeffX

Congrats on the new addition.

Kurt

Thanks. Now I got to figure out what I exactly have.

Thread Information