Quote Originally Posted by MantellaGuy View Post
Hi Terry,

Fantastic to hear, in the BIAZA and EAZA collection over here in the UK and EU, Madagascar has become a huge conservation project for most if not all of them in some form or another, so it is good to hear that America has the same thing going on!
Hi Joshua:
It was an awesome opportunity to work with the Madagascar frogs. The zoo hosted many young scientists from the "big island" and they were really excited to share what they know about these animals. The zoo has a large building dedicated to the wildlife and plant life of Madagascar.

I remember the first time I cleaned the cage filled with 300 baby Heterixalus madagascariensis. These frogs seem to have a death wish. When I opened the lid, these frogs jumped about like ping-pong balls, some even went down my uniform shirt. However, the thing I most remember about the experience is that their poo sticks like crazy glue. I had to use a chisel and sledge hammer to remove it

The Mantellas, however are my favorite. Beautifully colored and relatively easy to care for. They are without doubt the jewels of Madagascar. Thanks very much for posting your photos!