Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Photo of the Month July 2010

Default re: Photo of the Month July 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Andry View Post
    This is Timo. Short for Timoteo. He posed for me.

Arg stop making me want to raise one! Must resist... must keep only one frog...

Paul Rust

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal6 View Post
    Arg stop making me want to raise one! Must resist... must keep only one frog...
    Resistance is futile! Give in to temptation. I started with one frog, now I am neck deep in them. We are here for you if you need to talk about your addiction.

Kurt

Give in to the dark side! After all, I have over 3 dozen of these guys to unload.

scribbles

You WILL give in... once triggered, the addiction is inevitable! I recognize the symptoms, it takes one to know one...

Quote Originally Posted by scribbles View Post
    You WILL give in... once triggered, the addiction is inevitable! I recognize the symptoms, it takes one to know one...
    No! Never! *a few days later* "Hey Crystal I heard you like frogs so I got you this tadpole!" *tadpole in a Tabasco jar* " Noooo! I can't avoid it!"

And that's why I now have only 1 ten gallon to breed crickets in. (I hope it survives. The container still smelled like tomatoes when I opened it...)

Paul Rust

And that's why I now have only 1 ten gallon to breed crickets in. (I hope it survives. The container still smelled like tomatoes when I opened it...)
    Use cheap Rubbermaid containers for crickets.

Socrates

Alright here is a shot of one of my Mossies, up close and personal
    Attached Images Attached Images  

daziladi

Chester looking like his royal highness! <g>
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by NW Amphibian Rescue View Post
    Use cheap Rubbermaid containers for crickets.
    .... I bet you five imaginary dollars that if I tried that at least 1 of my 4 cats would find a way to get it open.

Andry

Quote Originally Posted by daziladi View Post
    Chester looking like his royal highness! <g>
    Love this picture!

Kurt

.... I bet you five imaginary dollars that if I tried that at least 1 of my 4 cats would find a way to get it open.
    So get imaginary cats!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    So get imaginary cats!
    I would but, then they will knock over my imaginary box of crickets that I use to feed my imaginary frog.

(That and I will still have real cats even if I get imaginary ones to fight with.)

Paul Rust

No! Never! *a few days later* "Hey Crystal I heard you like frogs so I got you this tadpole!" *tadpole in a Tabasco jar* " Noooo! I can't avoid it!"
    I feel your pain. I have two grade school classes giving me all the tadpoles they raised in class.
    Not a bad deal though, they come with the setup aquariums!

xkatelynell

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    Alright here is a shot of one of my Mossies, up close and personal
    I almost got one of these the other day just from seeing your photos of them and how adorable and neat they are

Great photo!

Louis

This is my Sphaenorhynchus Lacteus (Orinoco Lime Tree Frog)

Kurt

Hey I have one of those! I know it as a greater hatchet-faced treefrog, Sphaenorhynchus lacteus. It was sold to me under the name of South American glass frog, which it isn't, and I was told by the vendor that it was a red-spotted treefrog, Hypsiboas punctatus, which it isn't. I bought two of these "red-spotted treffrogs" only to have one die in a month, while the other refused to eat for the first four months I had him. He now eats and is doing fine, even though he is not a red-spotted treefrog.

Awesome picture by the way.

scribbles

Awesome pic! Gorgeous frog!

Louis

Thanks, Haley.
    Yes, Kurt, they are hard to keep at the first few weeks. I have a couple of this spiece since Sep 2009. When I took them home, they are very skinny and refused to eat too. They are so shy and very sensitive to light. They would be frightened even when I walked pass the tank thus I needed to cover the tank with black cloth at night. Is yours the same?? Now they seem doing well. Do you have any idea of breeding them or any source of information about breeding of them?

Quote Originally Posted by NW Amphibian Rescue View Post
    I feel your pain. I have two grade school classes giving me all the tadpoles they raised in class.
    Not a bad deal though, they come with the setup aquariums!
    Oh wow. Lucky. If my cricket population hadn't ceased in one cage I might have had a problem. (What with the mice taking up 3 ten gallon aquariums and all...)

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    Thanks, Haley.
    Yes, Kurt, they are hard to keep at the first few weeks. I have a couple of this spiece since Sep 2009. When I took them home, they are very skinny and refused to eat too. They are so shy and very sensitive to light. They would be frightened even when I walked pass the tank thus I needed to cover the tank with black cloth at night. Is yours the same?? Now they seem doing well. Do you have any idea of breeding them or any source of information about breeding of them?
    I would say mine is shy, not panic sticken. He spends most of his time in the water bowl. I have yet to see him eat, but fruit flies, bean weevils, and small crickets all dissapear. I have also had him for over a year now. So I know he is not starving to death.

As far as breeding is concerned, I would assume you can breed them like a red-eye. See red-eye care article.

I have very little information on this frog. So everything has been trial and error, that a working knowledge of Hylid husbandry

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information