Thread: Possibly sick Hyla chrysoscelis -

Frogsandlizards24

Default Possibly sick Hyla chrysoscelis -

Today in school i was sitting in math class when my language arts teacher walked through the door with something in her hand and she gave it to my math teacher. Everybody was yelling "frog! Frog!" So i got exited and ran up to see what it was. I saw it and i was like GREY TREE FROG! well anyways, i saw it and it was covered in cobwebs and it was all shriveled up and stiff. The teacher told me it was stuck up in the vent and it fell into a lamp and started burning up. Luckily, i thought of telling him that i have tree frogs at home and know how to take care of them (and to my surprise) he said he would give it to me. He told me i could take it at the end of the day. Well he gave it a paper towel soaked in water when he told me all this and then at the end of the day when i went to pick the frog up it looked a little bloated. I told him what couldve caused it and all that. Then i asked him what water he used and he said tap water so i kinda freaked out in my mind but i calmly told him that theyre allergic to tap water. Fortunately, the frog is still alive and doing well. I gave him a honey bath, but he didnt poop (the bloating went a bit down now and the stomach wasnt hard so i thought he was just really fat). Other info: i have him in a 5 gallon tank (hes about an inch long so i thought that would be an appropriate sized tank) and he has a waterbowl, a stick, a few plants, and a papertowel substrate. This is really long so sorry

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Frogsandlizards24

Forgot to add that he has started jumping and moving around again and that i will post a few pictures soon

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Possibly sick Hyla chrysoscelis -

Well, for a young Grey that was stuck in a vent covered in cobwebs, burned in a lamp, and soaked in chloramines... it's a miracle that it's alive . For next time a bath in 80F dechlorinated water (90%) and unflavored Pedialyte (10%) would be more appropriate. Think the important thing now is to get it to eat and hope it heals. Keep observing frog and let us know how it goes the next couple days. Good luck!
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Frogsandlizards24

Thanks for the reply! Where would i be able to get Pedialyte from? And whats the price? Thanks again

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Possibly sick Hyla chrysoscelis -

Get mine from Walmart, "Parents Choice" brand but same baby electrolyte formula .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Frogsandlizards24

Thank you so much!!!

Thread Information