Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: My girl is Awake!

  1. #1
    SCF
    Guest

    Default My girl is Awake!

    She has been down for about 4 months. I heard her moving around last night and she was happy to eat some hornworms today. Name:  IMG_7020.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  87.7 KBName:  IMG_7023.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  90.1 KB

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
     

  3. #2
    Moderator Mentat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA USA
    Posts
    5,939
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

    Default Re: My girl is Awake!

    Don't look skinny !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

  4. #3
    100+ Post Member bcreps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Nationality
    [Canada]
    Location
    BC CANADA
    Posts
    168

    Default Re: My girl is Awake!

    nice! just wondering.. why did she aestivate in the fist place? and did she just wake up or did you start moistening the soil prior? thanks

  5. #4
    SCF
    Guest

    Default Re: My girl is Awake!

    Quote Originally Posted by bcreps View Post
    nice! just wondering.. why did she aestivate in the fist place? and did she just wake up or did you start moistening the soil prior? thanks
    I believe for a couple of different reasons. I live in a zone 10, so it's very dry, she sensed the lack of moisture in the air, and then went down (even after using a zoomed fogger on timer.) I also gave her a an overly generous amount of substrate (about 4") which probably contributed to her aestivating. I would check on her periodically just to make sure she was ok. I would also keep the soil moist consistently. I heard her moving around the other night, and after asking Grif for some advice, decided to dig her up. She woke up rather quick and had not developed an epithelial sac. She was hungry and after I removed some soil, she is awake again today.

  6. #5
    NialR35
    Guest

    Default Re: My girl is Awake!

    Clear your inbox!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

    I will ask here though if you don't mind. How do you normally care for waxworms? I have read/heard many different things from putting them in the fridge and leaving them outside at room temp. How do you go about this? I just want mine to last as long as possible.

    Thanks!

  7. #6
    billybatz9
    Guest

    Default Re: My girl is Awake!

    Quote Originally Posted by NialR35 View Post
    Clear your inbox!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

    I will ask here though if you don't mind. How do you normally care for waxworms? I have read/heard many different things from putting them in the fridge and leaving them outside at room temp. How do you go about this? I just want mine to last as long as possible.

    Thanks!
    Putting them in the fridge will put them in a state where they practically sleep and dont move. I usually keep mine for a few days in the fridge, then take them out and wait a few minutes to come back to life, then feed them a little, then put them back in the fridge, and repeat

  8. #7
    SCF
    Guest

    Default Re: My girl is Awake!

    Name:  IMG_7047.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  104.7 KB

    She's about to swallow...

    Billybatz9 covered you. I cleaned up my inbox a bit as well.

  9. #8
    NialR35
    Guest

    Default Re: My girl is Awake!

    Quote Originally Posted by billybatz9 View Post
    Putting them in the fridge will put them in a state where they practically sleep and dont move. I usually keep mine for a few days in the fridge, then take them out and wait a few minutes to come back to life, then feed them a little, then put them back in the fridge, and repeat
    When you say feed them a little did you mean the worms or your frogs? Because I keep my waxworms in the container they came in and I thought they could live for weeks in that same container without the need of gutloading.

  10. #9
    billybatz9
    Guest

    Default Re: My girl is Awake!

    You can do either. I usually only feed the worms when I start seeing die offs.

  11. #10
    SCF
    Guest

    Default Re: My girl is Awake!

    Name:  IMG_0047.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  154.0 KB She's going for her pot hide.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The beast is awake
    By mikesfrogs in forum Pacman Frogs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: January 21st, 2013, 03:08 AM
  2. Boy or girl
    By Roidrage in forum African Bullfrogs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: April 16th, 2012, 03:53 PM
  3. Federal Python Bill is AWAKE -- CALL NOW!
    By JeffreH in forum General Discussion & News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 29th, 2012, 12:47 AM
  4. Boy or Girl #6
    By Roman in forum African Bullfrogs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 3rd, 2011, 12:00 PM
  5. RETF awake during the day?
    By Alkaline8214 in forum Tree Frogs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: August 31st, 2010, 01:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •