Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet Ninja! Crested Gecko.

Default Meet Ninja! Crested Gecko.

Here is the new littleone! This one is a brindle red with a white tail when fired up.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Name will be Ninja if male and Shinobi if female. I have all things living crested gecko diet at the moment. Will be geting replashies soon as the pet store has it in. It pooped on the way home. I have two water bottle caps in the enclosure. One with dechlorinated water and the other with crested gecko diet. This one is exploring right now, getting used to its new home.

I must say that the petsmart employee that sold me this one has a genuine concern of animals. He gave me the twenty questions ( much like the trouble in the enclosure questions). I was really impressed on how he conducted himself.

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Meet Ninja! Crested Gecko.

Yay!!!!! More pictures on a table!!!! He looks like yellow tiger but more clear pics would help, so pretty anyway! How big is a guy?
    Pet store employee? Wow that is rare ! Was he on point?
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

When I was taking the littleone home he was a dark red brindle like color with a white tail. Now he is a pale brown color.

Took these this morning. I dont plan on taking the little guy out agian till next week. Just wanted to give everyone a better view.

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    Yay!!!!! More pictures on a table!!!! He looks like yellow tiger but more clear pics would help, so pretty anyway! How big is a guy?
    Pet store employee? Wow that is rare ! Was he on point?
    The petsmart guy was close on everything except that he said this one was an albino.

Nationality
    [Australia]

Looks awesome congrats on the buy!
    ~ Australian frogs Gotta love them

Nationality
    [Canada]

Dan he is yellow tiger, when they fired up they are darker and brighter brindles have more patterning going on, and i would add more plants hanging on a sides, it is a little too open, and natural cork piece, i found it helps them shed and they just love hanging on or under or inside . that one plant is the most favorite among all mine, babies or adults do you know if that is a boy or girl?

but I'm still wondering lol what happened? time difference in between you said there is no way and pic in the forum was like an hour lol

it Ninja really yours or your wife's? lol
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Ill get another plant, and some cork bark in a couple days.The big log is also hollow, was thinking he would like to hide inside it. Not sure of the sex yet, might be too young still. Ill check tonight though for sure. This one is mine for sure lol and will be the last pet for a long while. Ninja was hopping and climbing all over the place last night.

I think I mught have jumped the gun a littlebit on the name. Not really feeling Ninja. I think this ones name will be Treedog from here on out. Gecko tongues remind me of dog tongues.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Quote Originally Posted by danfrog View Post
    I think I mught have jumped the gun a littlebit on the name. Not really feeling Ninja. I think this ones name will be Treedog from here on out. Gecko tongues remind me of dog tongues.
    What if it is a girl?

Hmm. Dont know lol. I put a couple crumpled toilet paper rolls in the enclosure till I get some more stuff.

Delivor

He is really cute!
    You should add in some bammbo tubes in there. They are great as hides and look a little bit better than toilet paper roles.

Got some more stuff! The fake plant Lija recommended, a round cork thing i drilled a couple holes in to put some leaf stems in, and a cork bark piece i broke in two pieces. That should be good. Oh and i got repashys superfood for cresteds, and the smallest crickets you can get.

Any and all tips are appreciated. I've looked around for a good gecko forum but none of the gecko forums are as cool or active as the frog forums. The only thing I don't have for the littleone is a temp/humidity reader. My house temps are all with in range, and I mist three times a day. Ill get one soon though. As of right now my house hold is in a name conflict for this one. Anyone have suggestions?

And here is a front view. 10 dollars to whoever can find him.

Little Critters Pet Shop

Smile Re: Meet Ninja! Crested Gecko.

Quote Originally Posted by danfrog View Post
    Name will be Ninja if male and Shinobi if female. I have all things living crested gecko diet at the moment. Will be geting replashies soon as the pet store has it in. It pooped on the way home. I have two water bottle caps in the enclosure. One with dechlorinated water and the other with crested gecko diet. This one is exploring right now, getting used to its new home.
    Very cute!

Make sure you are spraying down his home frequently, typically crested geckos prefer to drink off of the sides of the glass, or the leaves in its home.

Also if you feel he is not eating the CGD try mixing a drop of honey into it, they normally gobble it right up. I feel bad when people give up on the CGD and just feed crickets. Your gecko may enjoy the cricket more but will not get the nutrition they need.

Ill try the honey drop. I did feed a few dusted crickets last night. Was really cool watching the little guy chase them down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information