Thread: Found a cb tokay gecko in town.

Default Found a cb tokay gecko in town.

Was wondering about everyone's experience with them. After reading up on them for a couple weeks thier husbandry is similar to pacman frogs ( well temps and humdity at least). I know they are quite aggressive at first but can be tamed over time.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Found a cb tokay gecko in town.

they are mean, very mean, some people say they can be tamed especially cb, i had no luck, but then every single garg i held, bit me, same with tokay, same with my fire skink, same with my GT leachie, but she is still a moody teenager, even one of my subadult cresties loves to bite me too, from cornuta on some days all i get is screaming/biting sessions, like a few minutes ago all i wanted to do is to take poop out, right.... i guess they just love me lol

get a skink, they're awesome, blue tongue may be, they're nice or crested gecko, they're very cute and calm, only problem it is worse then with frogs, once you're in you will never be able to get out,they have babies, then you just can't sell some of them, then you look to get another one to pair with the ones you have..... it is never ending but it is so much fun and interesting too, when you find eggs, then when they hatch and you don't need anything like foggers, lamps, heaters, hyrdotherms.... just bunch of plants and brunches.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Lol awesome thanks Lija. I do like skinks. But as you seen in my earlier pic, they are everywhere here. Your skink already bit you!? That was fast! I do like that guy. Problem of course is getting the wife on board. Ill read up on crested geckos. Already read up on leos, leaf-tails, tokays, gargs, and almost leachis till I saw the price tag. I found a place in state that sells Abronias. They look cool too but also cost an arm and a leg.

Nationality
    [Canada]

I can guarantee you, your wife will not be able to resist these huge eyes with big lashes lol everybody goes " omg he is so cute and adorable" when sees crestie. Just look at that face 😍

Leachie might be moody.... Very moody..... And nippy....
    All other geckos you need to feed insects, with cresties you get a big repashy bag, end of story, but I'm believer in supplementing with crickets once a week anyway.
    ..... If only I could figure out how to post pics from iPhone.... Technology....

Lol I don't know. She is a hard nut to crack.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    they are mean, very mean, some people say they can be tamed especially cb, i had no luck, but then every single garg i held, bit me, same with tokay, same with my fire skink, same with my GT leachie, but she is still a moody teenager, even one of my subadult cresties loves to bite me too, from cornuta on some days all i get is screaming/biting sessions, like a few minutes ago all i wanted to do is to take poop out, right.... i guess they just love me lol

get a skink, they're awesome, blue tongue may be, they're nice ...
    Yes they are aggressive and have no problem biting . I'll never forget my first encounter with one at Indonesia. Reached room dead tired and see what I thought at the time was a foot and a half decoration above headboard. Imagine my surprise when the "decoration" opens it's mouth and hisses to me as I get in bed ! Knowing myself and what I would do to the angry Tokay if it bit me; I called the front desk and let hotel security usher a very dissed off gecko out of room.

Have you considered a Pink Tongue Skink? They are similar to Blue Tongues but smaller .

Lija: It's reassuring to know I'm not the only one whose pets like to bite. To make it worse; it's impossible for me not to jerk my hand back. For that reason I'm very careful around them, mostly to prevent them not to get hurt as my reflexes retract hand at the speed of light !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Monza geckos

Taming tokays is easy you can wear gloves optional you just pick it up and stroke its back wait until the mouths closed doing this will show you are no harm it will only take a week or two

Thread Information