Thread: Newest addition and last for a long time.

Hypnotic

Default Newest addition and last for a long time.

I know people have heard me say that before, but I also mentioned, with the exception of a C. cornuta.
    So I present to you, Cihuacoatl.
    I've bought her/him at a respectable frog store, they even had a fecal done. They couldn't guarantee wildcaught or captive bred, so I'm assuming wild caught.
    With this addition my family is complete for now, I will keep husbandry spot on and will change water daily or more if I see poop in it.
    Cihuacoatl has been acclimated and eats locusts without a problem and is also slightly tong trained.
    I've also learned a valuable lesson, never approach this one from the front, my poor finger allready suffered a nice bite.
    The shopkeeper also informed me that it's a bit skinny, I can see it but honestly don't think it's that bad.
    It was kept in a container with no sides taped off, really small, no real room to burrow, and since a fecal was done, I suspect stress was the culprit.
    Right now he/she is in a curver with 3 sides taped off, a nice big plant in the middle of the back, plenty of room to burrow on either side or infront and 1/3th of the enclosure is waterdish.

Name:  1270226_585158788186816_1437360886_o.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  74.4 KBName:  1268118_585204508182244_307144614_o.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  42.2 KBName:  1277787_585204354848926_72843810_o.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  59.0 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Newest addition and last for a long time.

Congrats on your new frog, very nice greens on this one !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Very nice. I believe cornutas like a tad bit more humidity. Around 85 percent right?

Hypnotic

I haven't found that anywhere to be honest, but since it's burrowed in next to the waterdish and the overall humidity is 75%, I'm assuming it's 80-90 where it's camped at.

I think I read it someswhere on these forums. This one will definitely be good in your hands. How big is it?

Hypnotic

Haven't measured it to be honest, but I estimate around 2-3". I'l measure it in a week or two, I'd love to let it settle for now.

Cool!

dubbean

Very nice looking frog.

Hypnotic

Starting to think I should tape off 4 sides, he keeps banging into the clear side, he started an hour after lights out, he seems full of life and is hopping around quite a bit.
    He doesn't seem to understand the concept of glass/transparent plastic, and that's odd since he was living in a critter keeper.
    The water has been treated and temperature is perfect, so he can't be trying to get out because of wrong conditions.

Edit: He seems to learn quickly lol, he banged for 10 minutes and now he's hopping all around his enclosure, exploring. It looks like this little guy would love even more size!
    Also offerd food with tongs, he din'd respond at all, not even while rubbing his lower lip. So I just dropped 5 locusts in there and I'l check back on them in the morning.
    I'm not sure this one can be classified as lazy, he's hopping around and making more noise then all my pacman frogs put together since I've had them, and that in under 5 minutes.
    He seems to have duracells in him.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Oh my goodness..... I have such a thing for green cornutas........ Yours is so so beautiful! Congrats!
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

Awesome frog. It's colours are awesome. I'm so jealous, my parents won't let me get any more pets so I have to wait until I leave home to get more.

Hypnotic

Thanks everyone! I'm posting a small update, just woke up at 5 AM, 2 locusts have gone missing. So I'm exstatic!
    Couldn't help snapping a quick picture!
    Name:  1274407_585488634820498_22929753_o.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  103.1 KB

reptileszz

Awesome frog! I was so tempted to get the one cornuta I saw at the NY show yesterday but I am going to make sure my husbandry is working on the little albino first. These guys are sooooo cool.

Carole

Nationality
    [United States]

Overall he is looking good. Is a little on the slender side, but you can remedy that in time.

They do like higher humidity. Around 85%.

Hypnotic

Thanks for the advice, I'l be sure to mist him twice a day. Boy, my babies seem to have enterd the growth spurt phase, they look like the fattest frogs I've had so far. I have a feeling they are going to be HUGE when they grow up.
    Also, while food dropping, I spotted the new outfit he is sporting, color change in a day. And yes, he's in a weird pose but he seems to enjoy hanging out like that, he just sits there at the transparent wall and stares out into the open.
    Name:  1266369_585841128118582_40017505_o.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  107.4 KB

Thread Information