Thread: did he say goliath frogs??

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default did he say goliath frogs??

its quick but check out this video, its bear grills chowing down on a rare goliath frog!!!iv never seen any footage of goliath frogs so I cant guess but I know they live near fast running water. heres the link Man Vs Wild - Catching A Big Frog And Eating It RAW - YouTube

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [France]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: did he say goliath frogs??

I hate this man.
    He kills in an horrible way a frog to show how to survive in nature....At least if he was so hungry, I could understand. But here, it was really not necessary to kill this poor frog like this

In France, he would go in jail for this !

France is the country where the law for amphibians and reptiles protections is very strict.
    You are not allowed to even touch, transport and of course breed or taking as captive any french amphibians or reptiles.
    Otherwise, it is several kilo Dollars of money to pay and/or jail.
    There is a local from 2004 applicable in France in addition to CITES.
    1.0.0 Ceratophrys ornata CB
    0.1.0 Pleurodeles waltl CB
    1.0.0 Pyxicephalus adspersus CB

Nationality
    [Canada]

Quote Originally Posted by GRABibus View Post
    I hate this man.
    He kills in an horrible way a frog to show how to survive in nature....At least if he was so hungry, I could understand. But here, it was really not necessary to kill this poor frog like this

In France, he would go in jail for this !

France is the country where the law for amphibians and reptiles protections is very strict.
    You are not allowed to even touch, transport and of course breed or taking as captive any french amphibians or reptiles.
    Otherwise, it is several kilo Dollars of money to pay and/or jail.
    There is a local from 2004 applicable in France in addition to CITES.
    i know if he had any idea about the animal he just killed he would probably feel like a pretty big fool. he probably eats granola bars the whole time and obviously has a camera man who needs some assisance lol... all fake except that he killed an endangered species. hey does anyone know these frogs well enough to comfirm if that is actually a goliath frog?

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

Why doesn't he just have some of the trail mix he's been hiding from the cameras. Stupid person.

Edit: I've been to France more than 30 times in my life and every time I catch tree frogs and terrapins and I didn't realize I wasn't allowed. Uh oh. I did release them after though.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Name:  i-5964e5a8e493bd24a9a4a1202dd9ea0a-kids%20with%20offensively%20big%20frog.jpg
Views: 4832
Size:  9.3 KB
    Goliath frogs seem to only live in the congo of africa. was he in the congo?
    those frogs are very bold looking but the one he ate looks like any old frog.
    I think what that guy does is "over the top" but people watch it, so he will continue. plus he is nowhere near as bad as differrent cultures of peoples treatment of animals. for shark soup they catch a shark, cut off its fins, while the shark is still alive and then dump the defined shark back into the ocean to die so other sharks come in. THAT IS A TRUE CRIME!

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

Have you seen how they make live frog sashimi. That made me so angry yet upset at the same time. There is a video on youtube but I warn you it's horrible. I'd like to see how they like it.

Nationality
    [United States]

Im sorry to say that even as upsetting as these acts are no matter how cruel they may be it is jot always illegal depending on the regulations of that particular country. Conraua goliath is hunted as food although regulated and protected it is used as a food source. I believe tbey even allow so many to be marketed into the pet trade each year, but highly controled and it is a miniscule number in comparison to other species due to its endangered status.

This is life and life is cruel and unfair. To be upset is understandable, but in this hobby you will see many upsetting things. You will need to come to terms with that fact. I've seen and heard far worse.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I seriously dont think that was a goliath frog though. He could have been a real jerk and ate the thing while it was still alive! people are always finding ways to "push the envelope" on T.V. i get so sick of it! Where are the shows like the Andy Griffith show? He didnt have to eat any live frogs for ratings!!!!

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by mattfish View Post
    I seriously dont think that was a goliath frog though. He could have been a real jerk and ate the thing while it was still alive! people are always finding ways to "push the envelope" on T.V. i get so sick of it! Where are the shows like the Andy Griffith show? He didnt have to eat any live frogs for ratings!!!!
    Goliath frogs start out very small like every other frog species. Like GABFs they start out about the size of a nickel or quarter.

Nationality
    [Canada]

it very well could have been any frog, im not a fan of manvswild at all he tries way too hard too shock people and he has a brutal way of killing. i like how survivor man will be starving and still apologize for eating something dead

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Goliath frogs start out very small like every other frog species. Like GABFs they start out about the size of a nickel or quarter.
    Name:  Goliath-frog-on-moss.jpg
Views: 1593
Size:  71.4 KBName:  i-5964e5a8e493bd24a9a4a1202dd9ea0a-kids%20with%20offensively%20big%20frog.jpg
Views: 827
Size:  9.3 KB
    grif is right! these frogs still look different than most frogs even as juveniles. that is a picture of a juvenile and a pic of an adult on those kids. they are a cool frog for sure. I still dont think that guy ate a goliath though

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

The guy ate pyxiecephalus adspersus on one episode, that's when I first hated him. I thought he was cool until he killed a GABF.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truffs1178 View Post
    The guy ate pyxiecephalus adspersus on one episode, that's when I first hated him. I thought he was cool until he killed a GABF.
    Jack,
    Just saw that video of that guy eating a pixie you were talking about. what a loser! he reminds me of a sideshow attraction that wasnt worth the nickle.

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

I want to say all sorts of things about him but we are limited to what we are allowed to say on here.

My bullfrog want a piece of him now.

demon amphibians

that was not a Goliath frog it was a subspecies of an American bullfrog. i watched the behind the scenes of many of his shows this frog was pre-staged. He is a smart dude and every thing he does is coordinated by exerts. more then likely this frog wasn't even wild caught but farm bred. and the reason behind this is the same thing we all worry about as frog owners and that is parasites. he would be in jail if it was a Goliath.

Nationality
    [Canada]

I found a much better video of REAL goliaths its the best footage ive seen, check it out The Frog Man - YouTube

You seem to like to troll a bit don't you Matthew?

Thread Information