Ok, so I bought some tadpoles, read a million care sheets, and have been raising them for a month. The first got his front legs yesterday. I've separated him from the others, and have him in very shallow water. The tank is tipped so that only about 1/4 has water. I've read this method, and also the wet paper towel method. I don't want him to drown, but I don't want to pull him from the water if his lungs aren't fully developed. So, when EXACTLY do I move him?!? I kind of assumed he'd walk out of the water on his own when he's ready, but don't want to take any chances.

I have four more tadpoles whose front legs are about to emerge. So, any help would be appreciated. Seemed like the day would never come that they'd start morphing. Now that it's here, I feel so unprepared.

On another topic, how many freshly morphed froglets can I keep per gallon? I've read pretty consistent opinions on this, but wouldn't mind hearing a few more. I have WAY more tadpoles than I was expecting. I received 150% of what I ordered, and honestly didn't think they'd all survive. Not that I don't want them to, just didn't expect it. I bought 30, thinking I might end up with 10 frogs. I received 44 and 2 were eaten along the way. So, I still have 42 almost frogs! Oh, they are hyla chrysoscelis, by the way.