Thread: My Vivarium

FishChum

Default My Vivarium

This thread is for my frog Vivarium, I have seen so many nice viv's on this forum and now want to show mine. Its a 20 gallon tall tank with custom wooden stand and canopy.
    In the canopy are four florescent lamp's, a mister head and reservoir. The auto mister is constructed from a used air brush. A 1min-timer and air pump for the mister are in the stand as well as a timer for the lamps. The air brush as a mister works well giving a very fine mist and air flow for a cooling effect that keeps my frogs damp and comfy. The ultra fine mist quickly covers the glass and increases humidity to 100% within a min. The mister pump timer is set to come on 5 times a day. To keep the glass clear for viewing a small space is open along the front between the tank and canopy. The air pump is a little loud but not on long so is bearable.
    Inside the tank are four Bronze Mantella Frogs, plants, snails and worms. Plants include an ivy, five bromeliads, two type's of live moss and a small java furn in the tiny pond. The live moss grows very well and is covering rock and even glass in places. The frogs seem very happy and friendly, at times I catch them starring at me when I'm not paying attention.

Any comments, questions or suggestions are welcome, thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: My Vivarium

Thanks for sharing your vivarium, looks nice and plants are doing great ! Have you tried to take pics when it's dark with only the vivarium lights on?
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

FishChum

Default Re: My Vivarium

No, Good idea though, Ill try it. I used my web-cam for those pics. I will try to borrow an actual camera tomorrow and take some decent shots. hard to make out the tank in those pic's. thanks though!
    P.S. I realize now I have too many plants... lol... newbi mistake

Thread Information