Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sparrows

Default Re: Sparrows

Matt, with out being insulting might I ask what it is your a Dr. of?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jfw60 View Post
    Matt, with out being insulting might I ask what it is your a Dr. of?
    I am not a medical doctor if that is what you are implying without insulting me. But doctorates are still large accomplishments and take many years to achieve none the less. Not to mention the loans you have to pay back for a little piece of paper that hangs on the wall. but i am not here to talk about myself, I am here to try to feed my frog things that are good for him and gives him a well balanced diet so i have a very old frog someday. Looks like all i have to do to make all you happier with my choices of feeders is to cook them before feeding them to Mr. Pickles. That is fine with me! No parasites to worry about ( but then again i never really worried in the first case because i only used healthy feeders to begin with) and one happy frog. Its now a win win!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mattfish View Post
    I am not a medical doctor if that is what you are implying without insulting me. But doctorates are still large accomplishments and take many years to achieve none the less. Not to mention the loans you have to pay back for a little piece of paper that hangs on the wall. but i am not here to talk about myself, I am here to try to feed my frog things that are good for him and gives him a well balanced diet so i have a very old frog someday. Looks like all i have to do to make all you happier with my choices of feeders is to cook them before feeding them to Mr. Pickles. That is fine with me! No parasites to worry about ( but then again i never really worried in the first case because i only used healthy feeders to begin with) and one happy frog. Its now a win win!!!
    I applaud both your work and dedication to your academic achievements, what are you a Dr of?

nok1888

You keep saying "healthy feeders", how can you possibly know if a wild animal is healthy? Your can't even be 100% guaranteed with captive bred animals (although out of hundreds of mice and rats I've only questioned one which was thrown out). Your taking a 50/50 chance with your frog. Can't you just fork out £/$1-£/$2 (don't know where your from) a month for a mouse or rat and have the knowledge that your 99% safe? Your frog doesn't live in the wild so it doesn't have to build up resistance to wild diseases or parasites.

Also, Please don't kill anything else by putting it in the freezer, very painful way to die

-------------------------------------------
    2.0 Border Collies - Jinky and Chance
    3.0 Cats - Monty, Dodger and Crunchie
    1.1 Royal Pythons Orlina and Sedrick
    0.1 BCI Boa - Aasia
    1.0 Western Hognose - Hagrid
    0.1 Bearded Dragon - iiara

6. This member thanks nok1888 for this post:

SCF

Quote Originally Posted by nok1888 View Post

Also, Please don't kill anything else by putting it in the freezer, very painful way to die
    I'm pretty sure he said they were just flying into his windows. I was not with him or anything, but I believe he said they were already dead. I still would never feed my pyxies a sparrow. A quail chick that I raised from a egg, well I've done that, 100% safe.

Edit; I also want to add, I've raised a baby sparrow that fell from it's nest a long time ago. It had a bad case of mites. I'm happy to say it was raised and eventually released back into the wild, I completely forgot about it.

DeltaElite121

Quote Originally Posted by SCF View Post
    I'm pretty sure he said they were just flying into his windows. I was not with him or anything, but I believe he said they were already dead. I still would never feed my pyxies a sparrow. A quail chick that I raised from a egg, well I've done that, 100% safe.

Edit; I also want to add, I've raised a baby sparrow that fell from it's nest a long time ago. It had a bad case of mites. I'm happy to say it was raised and eventually released back into the wild, I completely forgot about it.
    Aww, you're so cute little quail! Another two weeks and you'll be perfect! .......... FOR FEEDING! Someone just earned hell points!

SCF

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaElite121 View Post
    Aww, you're so cute little quail! Another two weeks and you'll be perfect! .......... FOR FEEDING! Someone just earned hell points!
    Aww you're so cute little roach, hornworm, cricket, etc...FOR FEEDING. Awww your so cute chicken, cow, pig, lamb...Not quite getting your point. I've fed off quail that were bad hatches.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

baby quail sounds GREAT!!! i think i am going to go to a chicken farm and buy some chicks. that would be safer, Yes?

And you are right, it was already dead when i put the bird in the freezer. That would be a mess to throw a wild animal in a freezer and wait for it to die. i dont need doo doo all over my steaks!

SCF

Quote Originally Posted by mattfish View Post
    baby quail sounds GREAT!!! i think i am going to go to a chicken farm and buy some chicks. that would be safer, Yes?

And you are right, it was already dead when i put the bird in the freezer. That would be a mess to throw a wild animal in a freezer and wait for it to die. i dont need doo doo all over my steaks!
    It would be safer. Quail are more nutritious than mice or rat pups, but I would still only use them as an occasional treat.

DeltaElite121

Aww you're so cute little roach, hornworm, cricket, etc...FOR FEEDING. Awww your so cute chicken, cow, pig, lamb...Not quite getting your point. I've fed off quail that were bad hatches.
    Yes, you missed my point. It was a joke about the stereotype that anything cute and cuddly don't apply to anything outside of that idea, even moreso being a feeder staple.

That wasn't a personal attack, friend.

SCF

That's fine, I didn't take it as such. The stereotype does some. It sometimes just depends on if it has fur, big eyes, is a vertebrate, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information