Thread: Urgent-Sick WhitesTreeFrog

Semone

Default Urgent-Sick WhitesTreeFrog

Hi, First I apologise if this info is already on the forum and I missed it. I feel panicked and I looked but didn't find it. I've had my two Whites tree frogs now for about three months now. They're in a 40 gallon vertical aquarium. Silk plants, branch bought at pet shop. Substrate is coco fiber and dry moss. I hate the moss cause they have to pull it out of their mouths after catching a cricket. Using Spring water. Crickets are dusted every feeding with calcium and every couple weeks with multi vit powder. Temp stays from 75-80 F with humidity from 40-60%. UUVA heating lamp. Spring water mister and spring water for soaking-changed every other day.
    My girl started acting strangely. She kept making circles to her left. She then layed flat on the floor. I found a piece of white stringy stuff on her front leg and removed it. She is usually a teal color and now is brown on top. She just acts sick, falling when she tries to walk. I don't see anything else wrong with her that I've read on the other posts. No wounds or leasons. No weird spots or anything. If I try and help her thinking she's impacted and she's not, I'm afraid I'll make her worse. Plus, I'm not sure how to do it. There's some different information regarding that.
    PLEASE HELP!!!
    I ordered real moss and am going to bake some Oak and Magnolia leaves and get rid of this moss

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Urgent-Sick WhitesTreeFrog

Hello and welcome to FF Semone! Sorry your frog is sick . First thing is to move your sick frog to a hospital type enclosure with damp (dechlorinated tap or bottled spring) paper towels (4-6) changed daily as substrate. Cover all sides and monitor feeding and pooping. What water did you use to mix in the shredded coco? If you have seen them taking moss out of mouth that is a clear sign to remove it ASAP! It is "a clear and present danger" to your frogs!

Read this care article: Frog Forum - White's Tree Frog Care - Litoria caerulea . The day temp should be 85F with slight drop at night. Crickets should be gut loaded with carrots, oatmeal, lettuce and not left wandering in enclosure if uneaten. Also would dust with CA/D3 2X and vitamns 1X weekly on different days with skip day in between. The symptoms you describe appear to be toxic or of neurological origins. Please answer these questions about present enclosure to get a better idea of what's going on. Thank you !

“Trouble in the Frog Enclosure”
    The following information will be very helpful if provided when requesting assistance with either your frog or enclosure. To help with your questions, please utilize the below list and post the information in the proper forum area to get advice from FF members that keep the same frog. This will allow for little confusion and a faster more informed response.

1. Size of enclosure
    2. # of inhabitants - specifically other frogs and size differences
    3. Humidity
    4. Temperature
    5. Water - type - for both misting and soaking dish
    6. Materials used for substrate
    7. Enclosure set up i.e. plants (live or artificial), wood, bark and other materials.
    - How were things prepared prior to being put into the viv.
    8. Main food source
    9. Vitamins and calcium? (how often)
    10. Lighting
    11. What is being used to maintain the temperature of the enclosure
    12. When is the last time he/she ate
    13. Have you found poop lately
    14. A pic would be helpful including frog and enclosure (any including cell phone pic is fine)
    15. How old is the frog
    16. How long have you owned him/her
    17. Is the frog wild caught or captive bred
    18. Frog food- how often and if it is diverse, what other feeders are used as treats
    19. How often the frog is handled
    20. Is the enclosure kept in a high or low traffic area
    21. Describe enclosure maintenance (water changes, cleaning, etc)

by Lynn(Flybyferns) and GrifTheGreat.
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Urgent-Sick WhitesTreeFrog

Waiting for answers to the questions above, to help....
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Thread Information