I have 3 1/2 day old ACF tads. From what I understand, at this point they should be clinging to the sides of the container - they are not. They appear to be developing correctly but are laying at the bottom of the bin. There is an airstone in the bin, but it is small and I have a knot tied in the airline to reduce the flow to almost nothing.

From what I can see and from looking at the photos from this site - Xenopus laevis stage series: complete - Xenbase | A Xenopus laevis and Xenopus tropicalis resource - they are somewhere in the 39th to 41st stage of development.

I added a small amount of hydrated (with tank water) spirulina powder to the bin today, but I am not sure how much to use. I have golden pearls on order but they have not arrived yet.

I'm afraid that I am doing something wrong and killing them. I have removed any undeveloped eggs and dying/twisted or malformed tads right away. I am doing daily 25% water changes with a turkey baster, using water that has been treated with Seachem Prime and left sitting for 24 hours.

Any suggestions? I culled my numbers down to 25. I didn't want to get overwhelmed caring for too many. However, judging by the looks of my female tonight, I bet there will be more eggs in the morning. I may remove some and let them develop as well. My male and female are unrelated, and she is albino and he is green. I know they have produced viable offspring in the past, I have one of their youngsters (I was given these three together.) I have another albino male as well. The female is as large as my hand, they are fat and healthy looking and very active.

Big fat momma frog

Name:  DSCF0027.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  102.8 KB

The tads, taken earlier today.

Name:  DSCF0088.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  54.1 KBName:  DSCF0089.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  30.6 KBName:  DSCF0090.JPG
Views: 153
Size:  40.0 KB

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.