Thread: New ADF - does it have fungus?

AlitaConejita

Exclamation New ADF - does it have fungus?

I just got an ADF (Karate) on Sunday. I kept him with a betta until yesterday (so they were together for 4 days). The original tank held slightly less than 2 gallons (Pet shop guy said that was fine). That tank started looking murky and fuzzy the day before yesterday (3 days after putting the ADF and betta in there). There was also something that kinda looked like when snakes molt - could Karate have molted? Is that bad?

I put Karate in a new tank yesterday - fresh water, fresh pebbles, one of the silk plants from the old aquarium (cleaned with warm water), a little cup on it's side for him to hide in. (I kept the beta in the old [cleaned] tank with new water). Karate's new home is a 5 gallon tank, but I only put 2 gallons of water assuming I may need to change it daily if Karate does have fungus.

Karate hasn't eaten since I got him. When he and the betta were together, the betta ate all the food and nipped Karate twice that I saw. Now in his new tank, I put the food in a little teracota plate with a turkey baster and he still won't eat it. Yesterday he had a noticable white spot on his "nose." today that is just a faded white line, but now it seems like he has little white spots on his back end. I will try to attach a picture - not great quality but I think the biggest spot (behind right thigh) is visibleName:  006.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  44.9 KB.

Is he sick? What should I do?

TIA!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: New ADF - does it have fungus?

Sorry your frog appears not well . If Betta was picking on it; that causes stress and lack of a feeding response. Also, Betta might have cut the frog skin and there is possibility of an infection. I can't tell from picture but can you look closer and see if white areas are creamy like or if fuzzy? The former is probably bacterial and would treat with Melafix (fish medication) at label recommended dosage for fish. If fuzzy it's probably fugal and would treat with Pimafix. Please also answer the following questions so we can have a better idea of the situation. Thank you !

“Trouble in the Frog Enclosure”
    The following information will be very helpful if provided when requesting assistance with either your frog or enclosure. To help with your questions, please utilize the below list and post the information in the proper forum area to get advice from FF members that keep the same frog. This will allow for little confusion and a faster more informed response.

1. Tank Size and volume of water in it (full, 1/2 filled, etc.)?

2. Number of inhabitants including all frogs and any fish?

3. Water source and any conditioner treatments?

4. Water Temperature and how is it heated (if so)?

5. Water chemistry levels: pH; Ammonia (NH3); Nitrites (NO2); Nitrates (NO3)? Note that if you do not have test kits, most aquariums/pet shops will do complimentary tests if you take a clean water sample.

6. Describe any filter system including model and media?[/COLOR]

7. Substrate type?

8. Tank set-up (plants (live or artificial), driftwood, hide outs and other decor? - How were things prepared prior to being put into the tank?

9. Main frog staple food and any treats? How often you feed?

10. CA, vitamins, and any other additives used (how often)?

11. Lighting set-up and hours it's used?

12. When is the last time frog ate?

13. Have you found poop lately?

14. A picture would be helpful including frog and tank (any including cell phone pics are fine).

15. How old is the frog?

16. How long have you owned him/her?

17. Is the frog wild caught or captive bred?

18. Any medications in the water (treatment dosis and for how long)?

19. Any salt in water (how much)?

20. Is the tank kept in a high or low traffic area?

21. Describe tank maintenance to include water changes, cleaning, media changes, etc.).

By Lynn(flybyferns), GrifTheGreat, and aquatic questions added by Carlos(Mentat)
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Thread Information